Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 MKC with 60,000 miles leaks water from the rear seatbelt area. It drains into the rear panel where there are wires and travels to the tire well. It pools in the well. Can't trace leak. Any suggestions on repair?

·
Registered
148 Posts
It you have been the sole owner and no recent trips to the body shop and have a moon roof, check your moonroof drains. They are prone to clog.

·
Registered
148 Posts
easiest way to check this is to open the sunroof fully take a glass of water and fill the tray around the outside of the sunroof from the top, if the leak starts and you know you got a clogged line,. what would be a correct response is you should see water pouring out on the ground but not inside the car. Unclogging a line sometimes can be kind of difficult the way that I do it is using a blow gun with a long extension and there are four drain lines on each corner of the sunroof. If you blow gently you can usually get him to open up

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2016 leaks as well. Water under my driver seat carpet. And wheel well. Has shorted out my floor ambient lights. Called Lincoln they say they have a fix but only will give info to the dealer. Dealer wants 675 for labor to fix leak if it will even fix it and who knows what they will charge for the lighting.

·
Registered
644 Posts
The MKC has a 4 year/80K warranty (at least here in Canada)....should be fixed at no charge.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Have family Volvos that are prone to same issues- parking under trees and time can get a buildup of stuff that can plug your drain lines. While blowing is good, sometimes it is hard to get a nipple long enough to reach the tube opening. Try a length of string trimmer line and push it in as far as you can without a hard hangup. Rinse and repeat as they say

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is a huge problem with these SUV's. Search the forums for water leaks and you will find a ton of info here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts