Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 MKC 2.0 had some very annoying issues. The transmission and the engine appeared not to know each other. If the accelerator was pushed to the floor it's fine. But in normal driving at slow speeds it was absurd. If you let off the gas for a moment when turning a corner or coming out of the driveway the transmission seemed confused. It either hesitated or appeared to clunk into an incorrect gear. Plus a whirring noise at 30-50 mph that I thought was the tires.

Took it to the dealer and after a rather short inspection period the service manager came out and said they found metal shavings in the fluid and that it had to be rebuilt!

I requested a new transmission but they said my extended warranty would not cover that. So of course I let them do the rebuild.

After a five day delay I got the MKC back and it seemed to be fine...until just befroe the New Year...when the same damn thing began happening. And the same whirring noise between 30 and 50 mph is back.

Taking it in this week. They have treated me very good but it's absurd for this to happen...twice!

I've had cars with 140,000 miles on them (and one old 911 that had 170,000) and this crap never happened.

Super Moderator
Man that sucks, how many miles are on your MKC? This is the first time I have seen a tranny complaint regarding the 2.0

Registered
My 2017 MKC 2.0 had some very annoying issues. The transmission and the engine appeared not to know each other. If the accelerator was pushed to the floor it's fine. But in normal driving at slow speeds it was absurd. If you let off the gas for a moment when turning a corner or coming out of the driveway the transmission seemed confused. It either hesitated or appeared to clunk into an incorrect gear. Plus a whirring noise at 30-50 mph that I thought was the tires.

Took it to the dealer and after a rather short inspection period the service manager came out and said they found metal shavings in the fluid and that it had to be rebuilt!

I requested a new transmission but they said my extended warranty would not cover that. So of course I let them do the rebuild.

After a five day delay I got the MKC back and it seemed to be fine...until just befroe the New Year...when the same damn thing began happening. And the same whirring noise between 30 and 50 mph is back.

Taking it in this week. They have treated me very good but it's absurd for this to happen...twice!

I've had cars with 140,000 miles on them (and one old 911 that had 170,000) and this crap never happened.
Absurd is correct to have lightning strike twice. It's painful as we have been there. The only other vehicle with 50+ years of driving was our Windstar. After the 3rd time the tranny dumped on vacation in another state Ford actually bought the vehicle back with a $10,000 credit towards another Ford. At that time the biggest Ford dealer in Wisconsin (Best Ford) was buying back Windstars with the 3.8 motor and scrapping them. It's bad enough these dealers take advantage of buyers with extended warranties but we cashed in with 26 trips to the dealer for problems with the Windstar over an approx. 4 year period. The $100. transferrable warranty was like gold after buying the vehicle used.

Super Moderator
45k!!! That is terrible. I hope they fix it right this time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Me also. If I have any more issues it's gone. They install stupid stuff like paddle shifters and a tachometer (that virtually no one uses) but can't get a tranny right! Insane.

Super Moderator
But didn't you hear, to save costs they're going to only have touch to unlock on front doors only because nobody uses those features was what they say. I use my rear door controls every single day

Reactions: TxTom
1 - 7 of 7 Posts