Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
2017 MKC. Is there a way to turn off the warning horn that occurs when you get out of the car with motor running and shut the door. I promise to be careful.

Super Moderator
This can only be done if you have a program that can modify the asbuilt data. The most common is forscan. If you got access to it let me know and I'll teach you how

Super Moderator
Or if you YouTube ford double honk forscan there's a bunch of videos

Registered
That thing is the worst. it wakes up the whole neighborhood. not sure why it can't chirp or micro beep once, like other manufacturer's.

Reactions: copbait

Registered
I hate it too. A lot of auto manufacturers have it.,

Registered
2017 MKC. Is there a way to turn off the warning horn that occurs when you get out of the car with motor running and shut the door. I promise to be careful.
I agree it is a pain. With the 5 digit code on the door sill is it possible to lock your keys in the car ?

Registered
I have found a way around it. Don't fully close the door. Either put it close to closing or I think you can even let it latch but not fully close. Then the horn doesn't sound.

Registered
I have found a way around it. Don't fully close the door. Either put it close to closing or I think you can even let it latch but not fully close. Then the horn doesn't sound.
Nice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts