Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well where do I start, my car has 30000 miles the tranny started to shift very hard , I bought my car into Lincoln on Feb 27 ,today is April 20, at this point they tell me the tranny needs a rebuild which they are doing under warranty, problem is they tell me there are no tranny parts available to do the rebuild because of a global chip shortage, so I do have a new mkc loaner car which I had since Feb 27 which I will keep until my car gets fixed .
I am being told they have no way to know how long this is going to be.

Super Moderator
Yes this unfortunately is a problem for the 2.3 L. I want to know what part in the tranny needs a chip? The damage I thought was to the clutches and torque converters. I don't know. At least no wear and tear on your car in the mean time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They only told me a sensor that controls the hydraulic pressure to the valve body was bad ,but they also found some metal in the filter, my car has the 2.0t, once the car warmed up there really wasn't any issue, just when it was cold it would shift hard also from park to reverse was a pretty good bang when cold.

Registered
Yeah I was thinking what copbait was thinking. It's always nice to put mileage on someone else's vehicle. Road trip?

Super Moderator
They only told me a sensor that controls the hydraulic pressure to the valve body was bad ,but they also found some metal in the filter, my car has the 2.0t, once the car warmed up there really wasn't any issue, just when it was cold it would shift hard also from park to reverse was a pretty good bang when cold.
You are the second one I have seen with a 2.0 trans issue I hope that is not becoming a problem

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To my knowledge the 6f35 transmission is supposed to be a good transmission, I've read some issues with the valve body and that is supposed to be the problem with my tranny, but honestly until ford tells me what's wrong I'm just guessing , when I do find out I will make sure to post the Infomation.
The loaner mkc works excellent, its a 2019 I believe,

Registered
Well where do I start, my car has 30000 miles the tranny started to shift very hard , I bought my car into Lincoln on Feb 27 ,today is April 20, at this point they tell me the tranny needs a rebuild which they are doing under warranty, problem is they tell me there are no tranny parts available to do the rebuild because of a global chip shortage, so I do have a new mkc loaner car which I had since Feb 27 which I will keep until my car gets fixed .
I am being told they have no way to know how long this is going to be.
Um, i dont see a problem here... lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts