Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone!

I’m new to the Forum and am looking to purchase a new or CPO MKC soon. I drove a couple low mileage 2017 Reserve models and a 2019 Reserve all with heated & ventilated seats. Both 2017’s had lusciously comfortable seats. They seemed to cradle and conform to my anatomy while offering plenty of support. However the 2019 had VERY FIRM bolsters that felt like the BMW’s I have test driven lately. I NEED those comfy seats but really want to buy the new 2019 which I negotiated a killer deal for before I drove 2 hours to test drive the model.

I tried looking up the seat cushion pad to see if a 2017 would fit in a 2019, but the part numbers are exactly the same. Fitment for the cushions say 2017-2019. But the difference in the seat bolsters between the 2017 and 2019 feel like night and day. It can’t just be age/use. I’m confused but need to solve this.

Does anyone know what happened with the 2019?! And can someone with a 2019 comment on their experience with seat comfort/plushness?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I can't really help with 2019 but I can say for me: seat comfort is pretty important. You'd hate to buy a (new)car and be hurting after an hour of driving. It could be possible that the seat just needs breaking in.

Side note:
I have been contemplating getting a 2020 RAV4 Hybrid or the Highlander Hybrid. If you're close to Ohio... my 2017 maybe up for sale. (appx 33k miles)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very interesting. I drive a 2015 RAV4 now and fine it VERY uncomfortable. The reason Im looking at the MKC is for comfort. My car has been rock solid—no mechanical issues in 5 years, but I find it painful.

You would likely be better off with the Highlander. The RAV has a stiff ride, uncomfortable seats and is noisy!

I’m in Virginia—not too far. Did you buy your MKC new? Why are you selling? Has it had paintwork? Is the paint chipped or body damaged or dented? What problems have you had with it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sheddah, I had a 2015 Reserve MKC with Hazelnut interior, and now have two '19 Reserve MKCs, one AWD with Cappuccino interior and one FWD with Cappuccino/Expresso interior. All three with heated and cooled seats. My recollection is that the Hazelnut leather material seemed to be a softer, smoother leather, but all three seemed to feel the same in sitting and riding comfort. Excellent compared to almost all the competition in this compact-size CUV. The Cappuccino leather seems more like the 2015 Hazelnut leather in feel, whereas the dark Cappuccino/Expresso, not as soft a leather feel. I think the color is influencing my impression maybe. What color are you looking at? Tom

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The car I’m looking at has The cappuccino/expresso trim. Interesting that it is the one you find less pliable.

I did test drive a 2017 with the cappuccino/Expresso leather interior and found the seats just as comfortable as the first 2017 I drove with a black interior and leather. It’s just this 2019 with expresso leather that feels different.

I appreciate your response! Did the 2015 feel the same when new? Or did it require “breaking in”? Also have the 2019’s become more comfortable with wear?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I went from a 2013 RAV4 Limited to a 2017 Lincoln MKC Reserve. My wife found the front passenger seat in the RAV4 to be uncomfortable on long drives (most passengers preferred the rear seat) and the MKC was her preference. We have found the MKC to be very comfortable, especially with the range of seat adjustments available. I will likely lease a 2021 Corsair or Nautilus next year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Were the 2017 MKC seats firm when new? Did they require breaking in to be as comfortable as they are now?

I agree on not purchasing a 2020 MKC or Nautilus. Let them work out the BUGS!

·
Registered
148 Posts
The MKC seats have always been better than the RAV4 was.

I haven't heard about any issues with the 2020 Corsair. The Nautilus (previously known as the MKX) has not substantially changed over the last few years except for the new grill.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The car I’m looking at has The cappuccino/expresso trim. Interesting that it is the one you find less pliable.

I did test drive a 2017 with the cappuccino/Expresso leather interior and found the seats just as comfortable as the first 2017 I drove with a black interior and leather. It’s just this 2019 with expresso leather that feels different.

I appreciate your response! Did the 2015 feel the same when new? Or did it require “breaking in”? Also have the 2019’s become more comfortable with wear?
I just went to the garage to double-check the opinion I gave on the leather feel between the two seats, Cappuccino and Cappuccino/Expresso. I now want to correct my "opinion" and now can say they feel exactly the same. However there is a very, very slight more grain feel on the seat cushion bolster portion closest to the door vs the portion closest to the perforated seat cushion. Probability for durability purposes? Also, my '15 impressed me so much but I was coming from a Ford C-Max. I don't think in the limited time I have owned all three MKCs have I felt any "loosening" of the seat cushions. FYI...as an aside, I did test the seats in the new MKC replacement (2020 Corsair) and know that the Reserve optional seats with the added adjustability vs the Reserve standard seats are not as comfortable, noticeable in the seat cushion itself. MKC Reserve seems more comfortable than both seat options in the Corsair Reserve. Your best case I think is the MKC you have selected. Push them until the cosmetic issues are corrected! Price-wise I think you have a good deal. Are there very many miles on that car? Can they explain the paint issues?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Did you mean those new “22 way” adjustable seats in the Corsair aren’t as comfortable as the MKC Reserve seats? That’s surprising!

I forgot to mention—it’s the 2.3 engine as well.

The sales manager mentioned tree sap and test drives. They recently moved to this beautiful new building in a brand new auto dealer complex. The older facility had trees that overhung the parking area. This vehicle was also used for test drives. It has 103 miles on the odometer.

Frankly I don’t think they were aware of all the paint issues with this particular vehicle. We looked over many of the other MKC’s and they had some similar issues but not as many as this one. The sales manager was genuinely apologetic and tried to do all he could to find a solution. The salesman on the other hand...smh.

We’ll see what happens this afternoon. But I’m going to push for an additional $500 off and rubber mats/cargo mat for my trouble before I leave to go back down there. (I live 98 miles from the dealer.)

Thanks for rechecking those seats again! The information has been very helpful.

I really think the outer strips on the seats are simulated leather. The trim on the door may be also. It just doesn’t feel or look like leather to me. (I LOVE leather and used to work with it.) As I recall Mercedes was sued some years ago for calling mixed material seats “leather” when only part of the seats were indeed cowhide. Mercedes responded that other materials were also used to give the seat “rigidity and structure”. Lol. MB had to pay out on that one. “Leather” these days means you are getting some cowhide as opposed to all petroleum products.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yes, about the Corsair seat comfort...I sat in each version and I could feel the difference. The seat cushion comfort in terms of depth/amount of cushion in the bottom (the part you sit on) seems to be the issue. I had my sales guy compare, and he agreed. Attributed to the internal mechanism for the additional adjustability. Not a major issue, but noticeable.

FYI, my dealer in Plano TX still has 40 new '19 MKCs in stock. All either black or white, all with Ebony interior. Eleven are 2.3s. Website shows $10,000 discount! David McDavid Lincoln.com. When I bought my second one in November (white 2.0) they had 95 in stock. So I got a good deal but not that good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unbelievable if the $10K is before incentives/rebates. My dealer has the black and white w/black interiors marked down $6K-$7K. In my region the rebates total $3750 this month. So that’s a total of $9750-$10750 off! I’m trying to get the Burgundy with the 20” wheels at the same discount. I’ll just buy 19” wheels and sell those, because the car is just what I want otherwise.

That’s too bad about the seats having thin cushioning. Thanks for the info. I’ll try them out when I get a chance. I’m very curious to know for myself how they feel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts