Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I recently purchased a 2018 mkc reserve. It's the top trim you can get in Canada. I noticed that in order to run my day time running lamps which I would have called fog lights since my last vehicle was a truck. My question is their a way to run my day time running lamps and my headlamps at the same time at all times without having to turn light switch off of auto? When my nighttime lights come on my day time running lamps won't come on. Only way I've seen to turn on my day time running lamps is to manually turn the light switch to have lights in which is a problem because if I forgot their on and shut off the vehicle that would kill the battery. Is their a way to have your day time running lamps come at the same time as your headlights in the auto headlights setting on the dial? Ill attach a few images to give you an idea of what I mean.

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
In the US the Fogs (DRLs) are on all the time regardless of the headlights being on - This is probably a Canada thing. We can configure it in the setup (left steering wheel button)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reply. Yeah must be a Canada thing. I went into settings on steering wheel and then lighting and no option to run drls. Must come on automatically when needed I guess.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I really like the idea of DRL's. With my light switch in the auto position, the lights don't always come on when needed (cloudy days, overcast, light rain etc.). The DRL's are on all the time, but not the taillights. I wish the taillights were on when the DRL's are.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2017 mkc reserve by leaving lights on auto is your high beams suppose to cutoff and on automatically?Mine haven't yet and haven't found of a way to set them to that.It may not be equipped in my car,doe's anyone know if this is standard in my reserve or is it a optional feature.Saw in manual where some had it if not all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts