Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and to Lincoln! I have a quick question. I see that my 2019 MKC Reserve has Active Park Assist for parallel parking - all well and good. However, I see demonstrated online via Lincoln, Park Assist for perpendicular parking - my car doesn't seem to have that feature. Is that an upgrade or can I update to that feature?

Super Moderator
I think you have to have 6 parking sensors on the rear for that to work. I don't know about the 19 MKC but my 17 only had the four standard sensors. I tried programming advanced park assist on and it threw a code for a left and right rear side obstacle sensor faults.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you have to have 6 parking sensors on the rear for that to work. I don't know about the 19 MKC but my 17 only had the four standard sensors. I tried programming advanced park assist on and it threw a code for a left and right rear side obstacle sensor faults.
Well that makes all kinds of sense...thank you for the prompt response!

Registered
Can you share how you tried to program this? Thanks

Super Moderator
It is part of the programming in the APIM I believe, it has been a couple years since I tried this but if it is something you want to do and know programming I can look into it!!

Registered
It is part of the programming in the APIM I believe, it has been a couple years since I tried this but if it is something you want to do and know programming I can look into it!!
thanks bro.it seems it hard to add 2 more parking sensors on the rear.
maybe you know how to disable sound when key left car with working engine?
and how to enable fog light when you turn wheel right or left?
And mabe you know where to loor table of options to disable/enable for MKC with forscan?
Thanks.

Super Moderator
Yeah that鈥檚 where I struggled, I was able to do a lot of customization to my car but I followed the Lincoln blueprint, I wouldn鈥檛 have a clue where to even pipe this into the BCM

I haven鈥檛 done some of those other things that you talk about, But the forscan does a lot better nowadays with deciphering the as built data

1 - 7 of 7 Posts