Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, has anyone side-loaded Sync 3.4 firmware on the factory system running 3.0? If so, I have a couple of questions.
Thanks in advance!

Super Moderator
Yes a number of us have @PSUnexus was the first and I followed his lead

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You for the response. After I had posted my question, I found the discussion thread to which you refer. Thanks again!

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
One quick question - after upgrading to 3.4, do you know if when using Apple CarPlay, the maps appear on the left side of the Home Screen view and on the the display in the gauge cluster? Thanks

Super Moderator
No, all that is different is that when you use Apple carplay for navigation, it allows for the middle IP screen to show your next turn. Basically just like with the factory navigation but now with carplay

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! So, the maps when using CarPlay do not display in the center stack screen when on the "home" page like the factory nav? Also, I assume you used the Cyanlabs utility for installation? Thanks again.

Super Moderator
In full disclosure I use Android auto, functionality should be the same. But no when you activate an Android auto / Apple carplay it will go back into the mobile phone UI just like 3.0. the only major functionality you get is in your IP right screen it will show next turn, if you do apim reflash you can get calm mode, and the slightly different wallpaper background, and of course newer maps.

Registered
How do you know what version you're running? What does this version do for you? I have a 2019 Reserve 2.3L and run both Apple (my wife's) and Android (mine) cell phones.

Super Moderator
Go to settings 鈮 general 鈮 about

1 - 9 of 9 Posts