Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the THX system and for the most part I am happy with it. I would like to add a little more bass to the system.

So wondering if anyone has replaced the OEM sub and or amp. While I would like to add a little more bass to the system I would like to keep the factory look and not consume the rear storage space with an after market box. Has anyone done this or see after market panels that replace the OEM sub?

Thanks in advance for the time.

·
Registered
149 Posts
This topic has been discussed before so you may wish to look back through previous posts. The THX system is not designed to accommodate after market modifications. If you want booming rock bass then you are better off with the standard audio system which can be modified after market.

I prefer music to be reproduced as authentically as possible with balanced but not excessive bass and the THX system does that well. I am able to hear (and feel) low bass notes in the 32 Hz range (I have tested this) without any bass boost. One thing I particularly like about the THX system is that it doesn't have a sub-woofer in the cargo area so sound is not blocked by what you might have stored back there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I too find the THX bass very good and the overall system more natural and pure sounding instead of the thump thump many people think adds to the music but really overrides the sound quality. But like most things, everyone has different tastes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
A press on the THX demo will convince most this is a great flat accurate system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2018 MKC Reserve with the THX and was in the car audio industry back in the day. You'll find it extremely difficult to upgrade the system without completely replacing it due to the way it is amplified/crossed-over.

As other users said, go with the basic system and upgrade, or deal with the pros and cons of the THX system. Me personally, I enjoy the THX very much. It has a few drawbacks, but most of them are source-based with the way digital music is now.

I find that well-recorded music, successfully transferred to iTunes etc. with minimal loss, and then downloaded to a USB flash drive or iPod at a high bitrate, will give you excellent sound, accuracy, volume, and bass. However, some of the available music come in at a lower volume and lack of original bass. This is not the THX system's fault, it's the source; but the drawback to the THX is that it can't make up for it the way the Revel system can do on other Lincolns.

I have no regrets going with the THX as it's better than most stereos out there aside from higher end ones from MB, BMW, Volvo, Rover, etc....but that's what the Revel Ultima is for in other Lincolns. Maybe the 2020 Corsair will come with Revel, but for now we have the THX and it's better than fine.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have the base stereo and my parents have the thx. The sound quality of the thx system is far superior but if you want bass the base system delivers more bass. I personally love the thx quality I don't like to thump

Reactions: KenZ
1 - 9 of 9 Posts