Lincoln MKC Forum banner

2020 Corsair Pricing

5K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  jcbon 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Lincoln will end up discounting this Corsair anyway, list hardly matters.
They won't be able to stiffen up out the door prices until the next full Escape/Corsair re-engineering is out.

#5 ·
Looks like a little too much meat on the ribs will a challenge to fit in the seats.
seems the center console has a whole new redesign. I like it. not sure how functional it is.

#6 ·
The MKC doesn't sell. Changing the name and making it more expensive won't help sales. The only reason I'm in one is because of the great lease numbers. To sell this model and others, Lincoln will have to do the same big discounting. Maybe even more with the cost of the Corsair higher.

Reactions: SubVette
#7 ·
Now that I’m retired I’m not sure I would buy an expensive vehicle that depreciates so much. Right now our 2016 reserve with 28k miles on the clock serves us well. I’m getting fliers in the mail for an extra $1,500 off on any 2019 but it doesn’t motivate me. Let’s face it much of the technology on the MKC is available on lesser priced vehicles. Don’t get me wrong our MKC is comfortable but 50 to 60k comfortable not sure.

#8 · (Edited)
60k for a fully loaded Corsair with 280hp, Lincoln must be out of its mind. At this price range, it's in the Audi SQ5 or a fully loaded Lexus RX 450h price range! Or a fully loaded Ford Explorer ST. This does not compute well at all in any way (badge, hp, mpg, or even in size)...

Not only that, but the exterior color choices are also lacking. Special blue, red, or white. Wow!:crying

#10 ·
I've had both - and for what it is worth - the function is pretty close to the same. Without the TED to assist the cooling the effect is a little less dramatic, but still comparable.

They should have done something with the engine hp at this price point. Getting to a nice round 300hp does not seem out of the question with this motor.

#11 · (Edited)
I've checked the new Lincoln Corsair in the Chicago auto show. I like the new interior blue leather: it's really nice in person.

Overall, it's nice. But I got a few things that bother me. The side molding now is a plastic painted silver, not stainless steel or chrome as in the MKC. You call that luxury? A Kia does better than this for less $$$.

Also, for the "appearance package", the so-called upgrade grille is painted silver plastic. For $60,000, I get painted silver plastic grille, and painted silver plastic side bottom molding. Wow, bravo! I would go look something else like a Benz GLB with a chrome handle instead.

No illuminated star either in the front as an option. A Nissan Leaf or a Mazda CX-9 has its front lit up.:crying So low Lincoln...

#14 ·
Just got back from the Chicago Auto Show and spent some time looking at the Corsair. Nice interior nice overall but I agree the painted silver trim looks a bit tacky.

#13 ·
FYI...I have 2 2019 MKCs (2.3 AWD and 2.0 FWD) and they have tire pressure readout...shows exact pressure for each tire individually. My 2015 MKC didn't have that, and I don't know when it was added. I guess 2018 or 2019. I know the Corsair I test drove also has that feature. My 2018 Audi Q5 didn't have that. Amazingly, I prefer the MKC to the Audi in many respects. Such as Sync 3, that includes Travel Link, seat comfort, and improved operation coming off the line (no throttle lag in both my MKCs).

#16 ·
My lease just ended on my 2017 MKC Reserve (AWD 2.3) and I was looking at the Corsair. It looks nice, but good God in heaven, I was not willing to pay that much. To get what my 2017 MKC had on it, I would have had to pay out the nose. So, I bought their last new 2019 MKC Reserve (AWD 2.3) for lower payments than my current one. :) But, unless there's some really good deals on the Corsair in 3 years, I may move on to another brand. Lincoln's going to price themselves out of a very competitive market if they're not careful. All of the reviews say their cars get pricey quickly when you add options. Gratuitous shot just because.

Attachments

#17 ·
I was at the dealer yesterday for service and looked at the Corsair. It was nice but I really wasn't impressed. I like the Aviator interior much more. Not that the MKC's interior is nicer but I the Corsair interior just isn't to my liking. I hate the stick on info screens that many vehicles have now. I hate the piano black trim and also did like the over $50K price but I'm sure Ford discounts are big.

Reactions: SubVette
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.