Lincoln MKC Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Administrator
Most of you are lucky. Since my 2016 MKC was assembled in the Louisville plant, I do not have the option to upgrade my modem. I just have to live with it. I beginning to wonder why I stick with Ford products. Those of us with 2010 MKZ stopped getting Sync update fairly early in the process and now no 4G modems being made available for my MKC. It seems once you have bought the car they seem to not care about you anymore. My family was always a Ford family but other brands are looking good to me now. :cry:(n)
I am pretty sure you can upgrade it. All mkcs are made in Louisville. It is just a very expensive upgrade, I understand the negative sentiment though.

Reactions: Nay

Registered
Even technical support told my dealer my car was not upgradeable. They told the dealer to do some technical Sync update which I would love for them to tell me how it will magically turn a 3G modem into a 4G modem.

Administrator
My only thought was maybe it鈥檚 because you have a sync2 system but a 2016 should be a sync3 system. IDK sorry

Registered
I spent 25 minutes on the phone today with Lincoln and the individual, while pleasant and trying to be helpful, could not find out the information I was seeking. According to the letter post in this thread 2015 - 2017 MKCs built between the dates stated built in Louisville were eligible for the CSP 21B09 which covers the installation. Those outside of the trial period (ending May 31, 2022) could buy the upgrade kit but would have to pay for the installation. That includes VINs not under the program. My main question was why was my vehicle left off the list since it was built in Louisville during the stated time frame. The individual couldn't get me the answer. However, they did say my vehicle can be upgraded at my cost. Tech Support had told my dealer (according to the dealer) that trying to put the update in would screw up my car. The individual I talked to today recommended I might want to find another dealer and even offered to help find one. I kinda chuckled at that. Now I have to talk to the dealer that is 60 miles away and see what they say. If they are willing, how much? I really shouldn't have to do all this. I really like my MKC.

Administrator
That sounds more appropriate, I thought all MKCs could be upgraded. The Vin number range refers to how the car was sold, it was sold with free Lincoln Way service for X number of years. The MKCs that exceeded the X number of years prior to the upgrade have to pay full price, those that were still within years window were allowed to upgrade with Ford covering part of the bill

21 - 25 of 25 Posts