Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big moves, big money, onto the big time?

ord could spend $5 billion or more over the next five years to revive Lincoln, revamp its product portfolio and reposition it as a true competitor to such global luxury leaders as Daimler AG's (DAIGn.DE) Mercedes-Benz and BMW AG (BMWG.DE), the sources said. Details of the new platform and the size and scope of the investment have not previously been reported.
Exclusive: Ford to overhaul Lincoln brand, this time with big bucks | Reuters

·
Registered
333 Posts
That $5 billion is supposed to go towards a new flexible luxury architecture. Hopefully that will work out well. I just question if money necessarily translates into success. It is more about the actual content of what Lincoln does instead of the amount of money that they sink into it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That $5 billion is supposed to go towards a new flexible luxury architecture. Hopefully that will work out well. I just question if money necessarily translates into success. It is more about the actual content of what Lincoln does instead of the amount of money that they sink into it.
LOL, the money is for content. I thought that was evident especially since you said it yourself ;)

·
Registered
524 Posts
The money is as good as how they go about using it, either $5 billion that churn out failures or some amazing products, hopefully the latter.

·
Registered
524 Posts
It definitely won't but it sure does help with getting their with coin like that, but of course it depends how they go about it....which i'm not too worried about seeing what they have already done so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts