Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 MKC with 1900 miles, loaded.

I've had adaptive cruise (ACC) since my first Charger R/T (2011) and love it. Wouldn't buy another car without it. When out shopping & test driving various cars (Honda CRV, Subaru Outback, Lincoln MKC) I just assumed that ACC has gotten better since 2011. Hardly. Chrysler nailed this back in 2011 (maybe earlier), and compared to what I've driven lately if Chrysler gets a 10, Lincoln gets a 7 and the others get a 4. They all do "OK" on the interstate, but add a curve or two on a 2-lane road and they fail miserably. Yes, I know the manual says not to use on winding roads and so does Chrysler, but it can follow a car to Cherokee NC through the Appalachian mountains like it's being towed. So why can't Honda, Subaru and Lincoln? Of the 3, Lincoln does the best at this. It can track through light-to-medium curves but it still loses lock on the car ahead at times. Winding roads, forget it. Honda & Subaru lose it when the car isn't directly ahead.

Also, I have to mention that the cruise buttons on the steering wheel need improvement. After a week of driving it I still have to look to find the button I want. There is little to no tactile feedback. No ridges or anything to separate the switches so I have to look to find the button I want.

Another subject: Why can't I have my speed displayed with big white numbers on the display? There is a big black blank area on the display that is perfect for this. I miss it, and can't have it. Bummer.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have the adaptive cruise control and use it all the time. I just drove 1000 kms on a 2 lane highway and had no issues with it detecting the car in front. What I don't like about it though is that I can't narrow the distance any further to the vehicle in front than the 4 predefined selections. I find when driving on a freeway that unless I override the cruise control by stepping on the gas pedal, cars from other lanes will always be cutting in front because the gap is too big.

As for the position of the cruise control buttons....I hate them. I always have to look at them to determine which one I want to use. I much prefer having the cruise control as a separate smaller stalk on the right side of the steering column like on my Toyota's and Lexus.

·
Registered
153 Posts
In my opinion adaptive cruise control, heated seats, and navigation are must haves for any new cars I buy in the future.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My 2017 MKC has digital speedometer display capability. I find the ACC works well, even on moderate curves, but I've never had it on any other vehicle. My wife is getting a new Toyota Corolla in a few weeks so it will be interesting to compare how it works.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Something else FCA does better: putting cloth on both sides of the seats -- so they don't squeak in cold weather.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had ACC in my last car, Kia Cadenza. It was less refined in that it was more abrupt in slowing down and speeding up than my MKC, but it had ability to come to a complete stop and then resume or slow to a crawl and still follow car in front. MKC is sub-par in that regard, only being adaptive to 15MPH and then you have to take over.

I agree on the buttons, after a year of owning it I still can't naturally find the right buttons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts