Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I forgot I did this a year or so ago until I was chatting with @starzplacez and @PSUnexus . If you have access to forscan you can easily add tire pressure gauge to the instrument panel. If you have a low tire it will illuminate it in yellow as well. A word for the wise though, this information is only accurate if you retrain your tire after each tire rotation.
If you are unfamiliar with forscan there is an abundance of information online to train yourself.

First log into forscan and click on Configuration and programming
Screenshot (3).png

Then find IPC, not IPC (As build)
Then find tire pressure gauge and click on it.
Change Disabled to Enabled and click write
Screenshot (2).png

Cycle ignition on and off and congratuations you now have this.
IMG_20200907_165212.jpg
Text Line Font Screenshot Software
Text Line Font Software Screenshot
Vehicle Car Speedometer Auto part Odometer

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Buckeye you just need to make a trip to Pennsylvania or Smoky mountains;)

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am in very a desolate area of the country right now. I will look into this when I get home this weekend. What is your car info and forscan version?

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Try updating to 2.3.40, that is an old version that you have

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, I can check online to and see if that鈥檚 the case on the newest version otherwise give me a few days and I will find the manual coding for it

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay I found the problem you are having. Forscan has changed the name of the code from tire pressure gauge to TPMS menu. Try that and let me know if it works!!

Registered
Okay I found the problem you are having. Forscan has changed the name of the code from tire pressure gauge to TPMS menu. Try that and let me know if it works!!
Hi. I've completed the process above to add Tire Pressure Gauge to my 2015 MKC. It all appeared to work, Forscan connection, IPC Config, including changing the setting to "enabled", writing the block, and being prompted to turn off/on vehicle. BUT, I still don't have a gauge in the Driver Assist Menu. Any additional thoughts? I even tried the older version of Forscan 3.3 with "Tire Pressure Gauge" still in the IPC Config. Thanks

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don鈥檛 know, you sure appear to have followed it exactly like you needed to to make it work. One thing you could try to do would be a IPC reset, Now the option is all the way down at the very bottom of Driver assist, did you scroll all the way to the bottom until it cycles back to the top correct?

Registered
Thanks! Do you mean reset IPC in FORScan or is there a option for that on the dash? Interestingly, my DriverAssist menu on the dash only has 鈥淩ear Park Aid鈥 and 鈥淭raction Control鈥 in the list, so, nothing to really scroll down too, and choice to reset.
Thank you!!!!!

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah there is a module reset option in forscan. I can鈥檛 remember what tab it鈥檚 under right now but if you can鈥檛 find it I鈥檒l check for it tonight when I get done with work. All it does is force the module to fully power down and power back up.
I have personally done this to my parents MKC also which is a 2015 so I know the software will accept the coding

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@dstas any luck? Do you need anymore assistance

Registered
Hey guys I forgot I did this a year or so ago until I was chatting with @starzplacez and @PSUnexus . If you have access to forscan you can easily add tire pressure gauge to the instrument panel. If you have a low tire it will illuminate it in yellow as well. A word for the wise though, this information is only accurate if you retrain your tire after each tire rotation.
If you are unfamiliar with forscan there is an abundance of information online to train yourself.

First log into forscan and click on Configuration and programming
Screenshot (3).png

Then find IPC, not IPC (As build)
Then find tire pressure gauge and click on it.
Change Disabled to Enabled and click write
Screenshot (2).png

Cycle ignition on and off and congratuations you now have this.
IMG_20200907_165212.jpg
View attachment 6040 View attachment 6041 View attachment 6042
Can ask a stupid question, I鈥檓 new to all this and mom just bought a 2017 Mkc and she hates that she can not see the individual tire pressure. My question is what is the Forscan is it a hand held dio computer or is it built into the mkc hard wired computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Yours truly newbie 馃槑

Registered
Until now I didn't realize there wasn't a tire pressure gauge shown . . . my base trim Hyundai Tucson has this feature enabled (though no compass feature like the MKC has, a big oversight from Hyundai) That's an incredible oversight from Ford not to show that. My F-150 does. I'm too scared to use Forscan and mess something up (and don't own Forscan) but luckily I can see each tire's pressure using LincolnWay.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts