Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, new to this forum. I was 66 yo when I bought my Lincoln MKC Reserve last year, one owner and had 19,100 miles on it. I don't have the THX sound system and the factory system sounded ok but beings guys we want to improve on it, right? So I recently replaced the door speakers with Polk audio DB series speakers, they sound awesome. So like Tim Taylor, more power. Has anyone added an after market amplifier to their MKC and if so how. Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
This project depends on your goals. If all you want is more punch to the audio, that is one thing and the aftermarket amp can accomplish this. IF however you want to retain the OEM look and head unit, etc. then you will want to work with a trusted audio tech or shop to help unless you are willing to do the research to learn what is needed. I will say that sometimes when you go into something like this - swapping out the head unit is the best way to go and can preserve many or most of the OE functions you want or need. Adding more power with the amp fits seamlessly with this approach and since you have the speakers covered already would get you the best result.

A couple of suggestions for you - Cruthfiled.com is a good place to shop and I've used them in the past for these types of purchases.

Head unit replacement brands to look at - Pioneer and Kenwood. There are other alternatives as well, but those two companies will support the products you buy after the sale for a while anyhow.

As I mentioned - your goals, budget, and willingness to dig into things (dash wise and research wise) will largely determine what is possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts