Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking over the front suspension, is there any provision for adjusting the caster and/or camber on he "C"?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Good question. Those adjustments are becoming more rare.
Are you experiencing tracking issues?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well....Supposedly my dealer did it before I picked it up and after my test drive/overnight honeymoon...I'll be interested to see...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you experiencing tracking issues?
Haven't pulled the trigger yet. We tend to keep our cars (if we really like them) a long time and I don't want one that is difficult to maintain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Caster and Camber

Hello. No provision for caster adjustment on FWD vehicles. Camber can be adjusted by different methods, but it too is usually not adjustable on most.
That being said, I did alignments for 22 years, and we sometimes made our own means of getting adjustments, to correct a "pulling" or a tire wear problem; especially on vehicles that may have had hit curbs, got in wrecks and such.
On the rear, toe and be set, and camber with some ingenuity required at times. I have seen caster settings on the rear, but its rare. This applies to vehicles with independent rear suspension of course.
Keep tire pressures up and watch for any unusual tire wear. I can't tell you how many "new" cars I aligned that were way off, right from the factories.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
40Ford, appreciate your response. We did pull the trigger and have nearly 5k miles on our "C". It drives NICE and I haven't been able to detect any unusual tire wear (yet).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts