Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 week-old MKC started blinking its lights about a week ago at night (rainy), finally got it to turn off. Started again last night (cold and rainy again too) and went on for several hours driving my wife nuts, could not get it to stop. This morning car was dead. Called roadside assistance, they cane as advertised and jumped it. Will drop it off at dealer. They promised an MKC loaner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got word today that the "body control module" had a short and that Lincoln had seen this before "in a few instances." Part ordered, scheduled to get car back Thursday. We at least got an MKC loaner so it was not as unpleasant as the guy with the monster MKT. Will report back if problem recurs. Caleb

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Body control module was removed and failed whatever test it was put through then replaced. Carman (the dealer) volunteered to bring the repaired MKC to our house to swap it out for the loaner which was quite nice. All in all, if you have to have a difficult warranty problem which the dealer's mechanics can't solve, it couldn't have been handled much better. Intermittant electrical problems can be quite intractable. Glad this one seems to be solved. Caleb

·
Registered
160 Posts
That's good news. sounds like a good dealer as well. Do you happen to know where this module is located?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Body control module was removed and failed whatever test it was put through then replaced. Carman (the dealer) volunteered to bring the repaired MKC to our house to swap it out for the loaner which was quite nice. All in all, if you have to have a difficult warranty problem which the dealer's mechanics can't solve, it couldn't have been handled much better. Intermittant electrical problems can be quite intractable. Glad this one seems to be solved. Caleb
Caleb,

Glad to hear it seems like they sorted your stuff out. Yeah.. I am the guy that had the MKT to drive. They replaced some module on mine as well. Not sure it was called the same thing, but it was under my steering column. My clock is still losing time, my dash light will not retain their setting from day to day and now my Lincoln Mobile App always shows "Check Battery" on the display.

I go to Chicago Sunday where I will leave the MKC parked in a garage until Wednesday evening. I am going to back it into the space as I am fully expecting it to be dead when I come back to it.

I figure I will wait until that test before I take it back to the dealer in regards to the obvious stuff that is still not working. I will ask them about the body control module at that time as well.

Rayo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts