Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to black out the roof on my MKC and I need to know if anyone knows how to remove the shark fin antenna on the MKC?
Does it just pull off or does it require removal from inside the headliner?

Thanks

·
Registered
266 Posts
Dealer told me that when the new antenna is ready (to fix the intermittent Sirius radio reception problem) the back of the headliner will need to be dropped. So I wouldn't try to pull it off. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What color is your MKC ?
Are you going to paint the roof Black ?

/
Mine is white. Not going to paint the roof, just going for a gloss black vinyl wrap. Why Lincoln didn't do a black roof is beyond me....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Why would I want a black roof when the rest of my mkc is white?

Reactions: JefffromNH

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Black roofs is what's in style on sports and some luxury cars now. I find it ties the look of the windshields together.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree it is weird they didn't do black roof and black A pillars like everyone else is doing, it looks much more sporty for some reason. As for how to remove the antenna you normally do just remove the double side tape to take them off. That said I probably wouldn't bother, anyone good at wrapping can do it just as good with the antenna still on on the car, it's pretty easy to cut tight against.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the Chilton's manual subscription for the month, and it looks like:

AUDIO UNIT ANTENNA
Removal
NOTE:Removal steps in this procedure may contain installation details.
Lower the rear of the headliner. Refer to: Headliner - Lowering(501-05 Interior Trim and Ornamentation, Removal and Installation).
Remove the retainer and audio unit antenna and harness through the roof opening.
Disconnect the electrical connectors. Torque: 62 lb.in (7 Nm)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have the Chilton's manual subscription for the month, and it looks like:

AUDIO UNIT ANTENNA
Removal
NOTE:Removal steps in this procedure may contain installation details.
Lower the rear of the headliner. Refer to: Headliner - Lowering(501-05 Interior Trim and Ornamentation, Removal and Installation).
Remove the retainer and audio unit antenna and harness through the roof opening.
Disconnect the electrical connectors. Torque: 62 lb.in (7 Nm)

a recipe for something to go wrong, agree that a good shop can wrap around the antenna

Reactions: Sublimetime86
1 - 10 of 10 Posts