Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone hear anything on the 2016 MKC? I was wondering if they were going to add Sync 3 and the new 9 speed transmission.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Has anyone hear anything on the 2016 MKC? I was wondering if they were going to add Sync 3 and the new 9 speed transmission.
I am sure they will have the NEW Sync 3 & a better antenna on roof. Have a better start/ stop engine button system and more 19' & 20' wheel choices. That just a few of many thing the 2016 MKC will fix from 2015 model year. The 2015 MKC started selling in April , so I bet this summer the 2016 be out and I will probably buy one :grin. I been told by many never buy 1st year production car of new vehicle , so I been waiting for 2016 :devil

·
Registered
188 Posts
9 Speed??? Holy smokes... that could be cool... I did not know they had a 9 speed in the works. I wonder what that would feel like?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am sure they will have the NEW Sync 3 & a better antenna on roof. Have a better start/ stop engine button system and more 19' & 20' wheel choices. That just a few of many thing the 2016 MKC will fix from 2015 model year. The 2015 MKC started selling in April , so I bet this summer the 2016 be out and I will probably buy one :grin. I been told by many never buy 1st year production car of new vehicle , so I been waiting for 2016 :devil
I very much debated waiting... for the same reasons you stated. But going those 8+ potential months just was not an option for me. I had to draw a line in the sand and pick something currently available.

Sure there are some issues with what I have... but I would hope everything is ironed out in those 8+ months till the new ones show up on lots. Then I will not be as jealous... although being an MFT user for 4 vehicles now... the only thing that really gets me excited would be Sync3. Not that MFT is not useable... but from day one... it had room for improvement.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Since I have been following new vehicle releases for the past couple years, from that experience I can tell you that starting mid-2015 you should start hearing what to expect, and that time frame is at best.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GM and Ford have been jointly working on 9 and 10 speed transmissions. GM has taken the lead on the 9 speed which will be used in front wheel drive cars and Ford on the 10 speed for rear wheel drive.

The 10 speed has been talked about on-line for the F150 for its first release.

·
Registered
95 Posts
See attached below for 2016 MKC production timing:

Ford-Lincoln Trucks (Build Out Final Order Start Up Dates)
Excellent link Tom :eek:eek
so look like April 13 2015 order acceprance for the 2016 MKC . So probably next month we will start hearing online what the difference from the 2015 & 2016 are. Hope they have some difference rims choices. Plus fix all the problems people posted hear. I might have to pre order a 2016 MKC in couple months :grin

·
Registered
62 Posts
I wonder what the chances are of Lincoln adding a fore/aft sliding feature to the rear seats in the 2016 MKC? Adding this feature would go a long way in addressing complaints about the lack of rear seat leg room in the MKC. If Lincoln were to do this on the 2016 m-y car I would definitely consider buying one. If Audi can provide the feature in their Q5, why can't Lincoln do it for their MKC? C'mon Lincoln - let's do this!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I wonder what the chances are of Lincoln adding a fore/aft sliding feature to the rear seats in the 2016 MKC? Adding this feature would go a long way in addressing complaints about the lack of rear seat leg room in the MKC. If Lincoln were to do this on the 2016 m-y car I would definitely consider buying one. If Audi can provide the feature in their Q5, why can't Lincoln do it for their MKC? C'mon Lincoln - let's do this!
and make it retrofit 15's

·
Registered
15 Posts
2016 mkc

It looks like Lincoln is coming out with a hybrid model in 2016
in addition they will change the headlight and exhaust and switch to sync 3 for the 2016 model, also better Fuel range

that's not cool for the 2015 owners,

·
Registered
87 Posts
It looks like Lincoln is coming out with a hybrid model in 2016
in addition they will change the headlight and exhaust and switch to sync 3 for the 2016 model, also better Fuel range

that's not cool for the 2015 owners,
Can you share the source of the above info? I've tried searching for information about the 2016 MKC but very little is available. I'd be interested in a hybrid MKC but haven't seen anything about that being a possibiity for 2016.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I too would like to know where you got this information. I highly doubt they will change the headlights or exhaust after 1 year of production this is something you typically see around year 4 as a facelift.

That said I'm sure there will probably be new motor and transmission. I wouldn't even be surprised to see a hybrid offered.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Here is a link, but I don't think so, as they used a question mark. Nobody makes these kind of big changes on a new vehicle body in the second model year! Looks like a mix of the MKX and MKC, would be very nice as the next update in a few years. For now, I'd guess just wishful forward thinking or a mixed up article. :confused:

2016 Lincoln MKC ? New Release @ CarsFeatures.com

The only two sure things I've read are the new updated 2.0 engine and Sync 3. Could be an addition wheel offered.

·
Registered
239 Posts
This article does not seem to be an accurate source of reliable info. It reads like either a blog as opposed to a professional automotive journalist source or it reads like a translation from another language. There are far too many grammatical errors, strange uses of vocabulary, etc. for it to be a legitimate english-language publication. Also, most all the pictures are of the MKC Concept, which predated the production model. It actually seems to writing about the Concept based on the Media Kit details Lincoln released at that time and they are assuming production will be MY 2016, as opposed to 2015. I would take it with a huge grain of salt.

·
Registered
210 Posts
A lot of these amateurish blogs that read like poor translations have appeared recently. I wouldn't trust anything in them as facts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No major changes for '16.

2.3L can now tow 3000lbs
Sync 3
3 new paint colors
5 deleted paint colors
Model series renumbered 100A, 200A, 300A
Power lift gate standard on Select
White Sands/Espresso interior available on Select

·