Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fuel pump recall does not seem to expand to the 2016 MKC's but effects some 2015 and 2014 MkC's... Found this in the news this morning and thought I'd share just in case:
Also....tried to determine if the 2016 MKC were effected with the Takara airbags recall but so far found nothing,my Mustang has the Takara recall but have heard nothing else as to parts availability:

DEARBORN, Michigan — Ford is recalling 12,205 2014 Ford Escape and 2015 Lincoln MKC SUVs in North America because a problem with the fuel pump may lead to a risk of stalling, according to the automaker.

The problem has been traced to the nickel plating on the fuel pump, which may cause the pump to seize.

"If the fuel pump seizes, a vehicle may not start or may stall while driving," Ford said in a statement. "An engine stall without warning while driving increases the risk of a crash."

Ford said it is not aware of any accidents or injuries linked to the recall.

Affected vehicles include certain 2014 Ford Escape SUVs built from April 15, 2014 to May 8, 2014 and certain 2015 Lincoln MKC SUVs built from April 21, 2014 to May 15, 2014 at Ford's Louisville Assembly Plant.

Ford spokeswoman Kelli Felker told Edmunds the recall will begin in late February.

Ford and Lincoln dealers will replace the fuel delivery module. Owners can contact Ford customer service at 1-800-392-3673 and Lincoln customer service at 1-800-521-4140.

No information about the recall has been posted on the Web site of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which oversees vehicle recalls in the U.S.

Edmunds says: This recall will not begin for several weeks. If you own one of these vehicles and have an immediate concern, it's best to contact your dealer.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just checked and my vehicle has no recalls at this time. It's an August 2014 build.
Good to know TheReaper....the fuel pump issue sounds like it could easily kill a car, FAST!
I asked my dealer about the fuel pump and I was told they amended those pumps for the 2016's...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Good to know TheReaper....the fuel pump issue sounds like it could easily kill a car, FAST!
I asked my dealer about the fuel pump and I was told they amended those pumps for the 2016's...

Another example as to why you may want to wait a model year when a new vehicle comes out.

Reactions: 5.0 Candy REDCS

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah and you're right....generally it's what I do, but sometimes the "buy me bug" takes me by surprise lol

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My wife had to have it, she couldn't wait. I'm still waiting for the Takata airbag fix on my Mustang.
I received the notice around 10 months ago....I have heard zip since then....they have over 20 million cars to deal with, not all Ford....this Takita recall has effected a lot of brands over all....I'm actually a lil nervous driving my Stang....because of this...I suggest following up again with your dealer regarding this recall....
In my case I follow up once a month and they have NO timeline of when parts become available, although I have the original recall notice Ford sent me.....just crazy that it got to 20 million before anyone wised up lol!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mojo, I actually went on line when I first heard about this and did a search and yep....showed my 2011 GTCS as being recalled, a few weeks later I received the official recall notice from FORD Canada.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys both know the fastest colour is Candy Apply Red right (laughing here)!
Oh wait, maybe it has something to do with bolt ons hehehe

·
Registered
18 Posts
I dont know about that!

My Mustang is a beauty! 2011 GT white with black top and black and white leather interior. Also with plenty of power. Only downside is enough time to drive it and I live in North Carolina.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice Mojo.....I really loved what they did with the front end for that year, goes back to retro mustangs of yesterday....the front end still had the sides coming together in the centre to a sharp crease, and everything else falling off of that point...
I like the newer 12's 13's and 14's but the new flat front end that is now found on MOST FORD models is just got grabbing me enough.
I was on the fence for the first year debating weather to apply a stripe decal running front to back and actually did some paper mockups of the ones I wanted to apply...in the end I left her as it came factory....with the side disappearing stripes at the doors....and CS embossed in it.
Went with a 3:73 rear end, updated with the brembo brake package (track pack) and them moved on to power customizing after the first year, have a few nice bolt ons...running HAWK HPS pads, vast improvement over factory pads...also added a through full Borla "S" exhaust hooking up to a set of Kooks long tubes....awesome rumble now!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The white is a stunning colour....I wanted white, but the order process would have put me behind the 8ball for another 8 weeks....salesman found the Apple Candy with the right options I wanted and I pulled the trigger on it!
Don't think I have ever seen a B&W interior....now I can imagine how awesome that must look!
Liked how loaded the CS package comes, and you can pretty much order what you like...I did not want the factory SC I had my own plan on that...in the end went with a Kenny Bell...6 lbs of boost is plenty "gitUPNgo"...got her tuned for 93 octane and dyno tuned by a local guru here (DeSilva Racing) all they work on is Mustangs

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guess you keep her garaged for the cold winter months huh?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I do like driving it during winter months tho..... when it's clean and clear out on the roads....that ice cold air sure changes the dynamics of how a super charger delivers...air is soooo much denser when it's cold....it's like a sledgehammer hit lol...and watching smoke roll off rears!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I LOOOOOVE black mustangs...but WAY too much work (as you well know) keeping it looking clean is a constant battle....minutes after you just finished washing and drying it....dust start to show settling down. I swore never again will I own another black car....now, when they are just cleaned and waxed, they look awesome!!!!
Is yours a 5.0? are you still running stock rubbers on her? the new summer only tires I went with this time around are Continental Extreme contact,Before these, I had the Michelin Pilot super sport....I love the Conti the most,they hook way better than the Michelin did...

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sweet...how are you finding them? you need warmer temps for them to operate properly.Nice Mustang GT man!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.