Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks.

I haven't spoken with my dealership about this question yet.

I have a 2017 MKC Black Label with 61k on her.
I have had a whole bunch of issues with my GPS, Phone and CD Player over the last several months.
I have had the MKC to my Lincoln Dealership a number of times for these issues and the Dealership was unable to resolve any of them.
Every time I was told by the Dealership they could not replicate the issues.
I "get" that.
Electronic issues ARE elusive.

But the bottom line is that I Don't have GPS when I need it and phone calls keep dropping (until I perform a warm reset on the Head unit).
AND my cd's get stuck in the player. (Until I do a warm reset on the unit.)

The wife has suggested that we consider asking the Dealership to replace the Head unit completely.

Before I do that, I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with a Head unit replacement.
Was it (the Head unit) readily available ?
Any idea what something like that would cost ?

Thanks for any replies.

Administrator
This is not the answer you were asking for but FYI the GPS and Bluetooth functions are part of the accessory protocol interface module. I don't believe you will be successful in improving gps or Bluetooth function with a receiver replacement. The receiver is fairly easy to source used but I don't know about new,. The only known problem I know of with the receiver is if they fail they can cause a pop in your sub every time you get into the car.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your post is BETTER than what I was looking for.

I understood everything you wrote (as best I could) except the last line.

"The only known problem I know of with the receiver is if they fail they can cause a pop in your sub every time you get into the car."

Pop in your sub ?

Can I ask you to write that using different words maybe ?

One more thing if I might.
Do you have any objections to me copying your post content and sharing it with my service advisor ?
(I won't reference your name or any information like that.)

I would like to send an email to my advisor that includes your posts content along with this link (SYNC 3 Accessory Interface Protocol Module (APIM) DTCs U3000 B108E U1A00 - 2016-2017 Ford & Lincoln) and then ask him to consider both as they may relate to my ongoing GPS\Bluetooth issues.

Thanks for your time with my issues.

Administrator
Pop in your sub ?

Can I ask you to write that using different words maybe ?
Sorry, maybe confusing if you have not heard it. What I was saying was the only problem I have seen with the receiver is when you unlock the car and before you hit start faulty receivers can make a popping sound (from the sub) like what it sounds like when you pull the speaker cable out when a speaker is powered on by an amplifier (if you can remember those days馃槈). Non THX of course THX do not have a subwoofer

One more thing if I might.
Do you have any objections to me copying your post content and sharing it with my service advisor ?
(I won't reference your name or any information like that.)
Yes go right ahead. I would hope they would be more intelligence than me on these things but I have seen some very lacking advisors. Probably don't include that statement 馃槅

1 - 4 of 4 Posts