Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot figure out how to play the stereo with the engine off. I can’t find an Aux setting on the ignition button.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
In looking thru the manual, it says that if you press the Engine Start button without depressing the brake pedal, "All electrical circuits are operational and the warning lamps and indicators illuminate." Don't know if that will do it for you, I've never wanted to play the stereo with the engine off.

·
Super Moderator
338 Posts
You can also turn the vehicle completely off after turning it on, the stereo should continue to run if your battery has adequate charge until you open your door or you leave it sit for approximately 10 minutes

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can also turn the vehicle completely off after turning it on, the stereo should continue to run if your battery has adequate charge until you open your door or you leave it sit for approximately 10 minutes
Is there a way to just run the radio for longer than 10 minutes? I am frequently in a position where I would like to listen
to the radio without needing to push the start key every 10 minutes. Sometimes it seems it doesn't even run 10 minutes
before complaining about the battery. It's probably because many other circuits are activated.
I would just like an accessory position like it has on most cars.

·
Super Moderator
338 Posts
No not really, your best bet is just to turn the car on and turn it completely off and let the delayed circuit time out in 10 minutes. I'm right there with you I wish there was a way to do it but I've not found it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is there a way to just run the radio for longer than 10 minutes? I am frequently in a position where I would like to listen
to the radio without needing to push the start key every 10 minutes. Sometimes it seems it doesn't even run 10 minutes
before complaining about the battery. It's probably because many other circuits are activated.
I would just like an accessory position like it has on most cars.
No not really, your best bet is just to turn the car on and turn it completely off and let the delayed circuit time out in 10 minutes. I'm right there with you I wish there was a way to do it but I've not found it
Thanks. Maybe the reason there is the 10 minute max and subsequent warnings about the battery is because so many things seem to be enabled, windows, DVD, Nav, etc. Maybe I'll need to take a transistor radio with me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
After the 10 minutes when the radio shuts off, I just press the radio power button and the radio comes on again. No need to press the Start button.

·
Super Moderator
338 Posts
That's an interesting find I'll have to try that next time

·
Registered
17 Posts
After the 10 minutes when the radio shuts off, I just press the radio power button and the radio comes on again. No need to press the Start button.
Brilliant! The radio stays on even with the door opening and closing. Perfect, thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts