Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to listen to the radio with the engine off beyond the few minutes when it automatically shuts off? Like the accessory position on old ignition systems.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes, just press the start button without putting your foot on the brake and it will go into accessory mode, just like the good old days :). I'm sure that it will eventually turn itself off, but I've been in there for at least 20 minutes without a problem.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes, just press the start button without putting your foot on the brake and it will go into accessory mode, just like the good old days :). I'm sure that it will eventually turn itself off, but I've been in there for at least 20 minutes without a problem.

Yup... what DK said. I frequently fire mine up when I am messing around in the garage. Stays on a good 20 mins maybe more. I make sure to turn off the headlights and HVAC to keep the battery from getting smoked to quickly. When it turns off, I just hit it again. ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine is now not allowing me to do this where it once did. It shuts off and says entering battery saving mode. This weekend we took it and had the battery checked and alternator and they are good. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can also turn on just the audio system by pressing the audio power button without having the key in the vehicle or putting the vehicle in accessory mode.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm late chiming in, just bought my mkc 2016 1 year ago. The radio going off after 20 minutes is not useful when you go to the drive-in movies!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts