Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this under a different title and I don't think it was very clear.

I have a 2015 MKC Black Label. The "auto lock" feature does not show up as an option in settings.

So, from settings -> locks -> it has the following options (auto unlock, mislock, and remote unlock) the option for auto lock does not appear.

The car DOES lock automatically when you get to 6MPH, but what I'm trying to do is to have the car auto lock when the car is parked, turned off, and the key fob is not in the car.

The only way I can lock the car is to manually lock it, use the key fob, or the remote app on my phone. I thought there was a way for the car to lock itself?

Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've never heard of such a feature. The only time it locks itself is if you unlock it with the key fob and don't open a door within a set time.

Reactions: kksam56

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thanks.

Had an old Prius that locked and unlocked doors based on the proximity of the key fob.

The other mystery is why "auto lock" does not show up under "Settings -> Locks"

·
Registered
647 Posts
I've never heard of such a feature either. You can also lock the doors by touching the top of any of the exterior door handles.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Why would "auto lock" show up if it is not a settable feature?

·
Registered
647 Posts
MKC4ME,

I just checked the Locks Settings on my MKC. There are only 4 options available - Autounlock, Mislock, Remote Unlocking, Switches Inhibit. There is no Autolock option. I'm wondering since the manual is for both Canada and U.S. destined cars, if the Autolock option is only for U.S. cars. Otherwise it could be a misprint in the manual. Why not call your concierge and get them to research the answer?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Isintampa:

I suggest you watch the video closely. It says that for the Autolock to operate the vehicle must be travelling faster than 12 MPH which is what happens.

Also, this is a generic Lincoln video, not necessarily applicable to the MKC. I don't think you can turn this Autolock feature off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I posted this under a different title and I don't think it was very clear.

I have a 2015 MKC Black Label. The "auto lock" feature does not show up as an option in settings.

So, from settings -> locks -> it has the following options (auto unlock, mislock, and remote unlock) the option for auto lock does not appear.

The car DOES lock automatically when you get to 6MPH, but what I'm trying to do is to have the car auto lock when the car is parked, turned off, and the key fob is not in the car.

The only way I can lock the car is to manually lock it, use the key fob, or the remote app on my phone. I thought there was a way for the car to lock itself?

Thanks
I just got a 2019 MKC and there is no Autolock on it. Very dissatisfied. Every car should have that option.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got a 2019 MKC and there is no Autolock on it. Very dissatisfied. Every car should have that option.
I totally agree. Can't tell you how many times I've left the car unlocked when I've parked it in some public place. Granted it's easy to lock, but when you come out of cars that (most) have an auto lock (when parked) feature, it's easy to just forget and leave the car unlocked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts