Lincoln MKC Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Automotive Munchausen syndrome by proxy is a behaviour pattern in which an automobile driver, owner or lease holder fabricates, exaggerates, or induces problems with their vehicle or on a specific automotive brand, usually to gain attention or sympathy from others, and/or to get out of a car payment they cannot afford, and/or to obtain a new vehicle. With deception at its core, this behaviour is elusive, manipulative, often slanderous to the automobile manufacturer, repairing facility or dealer, and should be recognized as a form of crazy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sarcasm is not easily recognizable in type......

I have had my MKC since August of 2014 and am still very pleased with my car. Admittedly I have experienced no real problems other than a few quirky things that required a reset of some sort that I could accomplish on my own. I work in automotive and am fairly experienced with new technology and cars in general however I also tend to not need the newest "thing". I do not have the tech package specifically because my MKC is the first production year and assumed there were bound to be complications and glitches. My tolerance level may also be higher than the average owner as I am at dealerships of all makes every day for work; I have a very broad base of experience with good and not so good dealers. All that said, I have yet to find a manufacturer that produces a completely fix or repair free vehicle.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Automotive Munchausen syndrome by proxy is a behaviour pattern in which an automobile driver, owner or lease holder fabricates, exaggerates, or induces problems with their vehicle or on a specific automotive brand, usually to gain attention or sympathy from others, and/or to get out of a car payment they cannot afford, and/or to obtain a new vehicle. With deception at its core, this behaviour is elusive, manipulative, often slanderous to the automobile manufacturer, repairing facility or dealer, and should be recognized as a form of crazy.

Amen!

We have a 2016 since September and we love it!

Reactions: CanYouMKCmeNow

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hey there we go again blaming the owner creating an attitude of its not the dealer or the manufacturer. Yup that's what the dealer and Lincoln is trying to do to me. Claim I'm doing it or making it up Well I'm in FL right now and tell me how I make my car in NJ die yesterday.

Have yet another appointment at the dealer when I return. Told them I want them at my house 7:45 am so they can see it for themselves. I also provided them with videos of the problem...but deny deny deny. They won't come out...you know why...because they don't want to be proven wrong. They want to believe what you and others believe. Same with the rocks, asked them to come out and take a drive with me to witness first hand. They won't do it. Yup making it all up because I have so much free time in my life for this BS.

Un f-ing believable.

Can't wait until one of you has issues like this in a car one day.

You people need to pull your head out of your ass one day. I'm not saying everyone's car is a POS so glad for the lucky ones. But my car is absolutely the biggest piece of garbage I've ever had. And it's incredibly disappointing and sad to me.

You are right, all manufacturers have their issues but to literally accuse the people with problems of lying or making it up is ridiculous. Wait until you are in this situation one day whether it be a car or other major purchase that is important to you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey there we go again blaming the owner creating an attitude of its not the dealer or the manufacturer. Yup that's what the dealer and Lincoln is trying to do to me. Claim I'm doing it or making it up Well I'm in FL right now and tell me how I make my car in NJ die yesterday.

Have yet another appointment at the dealer when I return. Told them I want them at my house 7:45 am so they can see it for themselves. I also provided them with videos of the problem...but deny deny deny. They won't come out...you know why...because they don't want to be proven wrong. They want to believe what you and others believe. Same with the rocks, asked them to come out and take a drive with me to witness first hand. They won't do it. Yup making it all up because I have so much free time in my life for this BS.

Un f-ing believable.

You people need to pull your head out of your ass one day. I'm not saying everyone's car is a POS so glad for the lucky ones. But my car is absolutely the biggest piece of garbage I've ever had. And it's incredibly disappointing and sad to me.

You are right, all manufacturers have their issues but to literally accuse the people with problems of lying or making it up is ridiculous. Wait until you are in this situation one day whether it be a car or other major purchase that is important to you.
Who said anything about you? Why do you assume this has anything to do with you?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And there is no reason to curse and swear. Maybe that is how you speak in daily life but I don't care for it. And if you are talking to people that you are dealing with at Lincoln like that, I wouldn't. It makes you lose credibility. It literally makes you sound crazy. And my head is no where near my rear, thank you very much.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't. Put. Up. With. It. Any. More.

Instead of complaining on a message board to people who can't fix your problems gather up all of your notes, emails and repair order copies and call a lawyer. I sympathize with you as I have had a "clunker" before too. However, you are accomplishing nothing here. Good luck!

·
Registered
795 Posts
You need to stop having such blind faith in a car/company that obviously has their problems. A lot of mkcs out there have problems. It's documented all over. Stop alluding ANYONE is lying about it. You knew exactly what you were doing by posting that. Especially if you read my last post.

Although I used myself as an example to illustrate such ignorant attitudes it applies to anyone on here complaining of a problem.

Just be happy your mkc is so perfect and stop bashing those with problems. And yes when you post something like that it IS bashing them even if indirectly. Do you think we are stupid or is it because we are women complaining?

·
Registered
881 Posts
"gather up all of your notes, emails and repair order copies and call a lawyer." I suggested this a few posts back, but was chastised for EVEN thinking it,let alone suggesting it....so I keep my thoughts to myself and suggestions in check....Lawyers have a way of presenting a case and validating it...Unless a manufacturer is duly served with intended litigation, you automatically go to the back burner BY DEFAULT....
AND....most lawyers that practice contractual law almost always offer an hour free consultation to anyone, that's not because they are nice people...they are assessing the case being brought in front of them,usually when they win, legal fees are tagged on to the losing party....so you have a legal mind working on your behalf at no real cost to the client....and you're being well served!
I know enough of the legal process, I have family members that practice law!
These were the suggestions I offered Janice... and someone else, but the answer was "who has the time and $$$ to deal with lawyers".....sometimes these ARE the only options open to you...(speaking in general).

·
Registered
36 Posts

Un f-ing believable.

You mad Bro? I've had issues with mine but you don't see me whining about it on the Internet. I go to the Dealer and they fix it.

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
That's the part of my story you don't know.

Go back and read some posts and you will read why it's just not so easy for me(to just run out and hire a lawyer- easy to say in a forum)

My dealer and Lincoln knew EXACTLY WHAT THEY WERE DOING. And unfortunately I didn't realize until some things happened. I will go that route but only until I know I have all my ducks 100% in a row. And I'm getting closer and closer now. Once I go the route of laying out money and initiate, I'm going for a home run. I still have 10 months left for a lemon law case. I will make sure it is a slam dunk in every way if they want to not for he right thing.

Without getting into it fully ( because I've documented every little bit for future legal use if you know what I mean ) I had a similar situation with "service records" like Janice but I was ignorant at first because I've never been through anything like this with a car before.

Again I wish i could tell you guys the whole story so you will stop with the questions and attitude but I will not ruin future legal chances by spouting off too much in a forum.

I promise you if you knew it all you would be seriously questioning the practices of car manufacturers and dealers. What happened is extremely telling all in itself.

Ah driving down tamiami trail in Naples FL just passed a burgundy velvet MKC! My son called it out. Nice color but I think it still slightly washes the tail light out. Need to make it just a little darker hue.

·
Registered
881 Posts
"I'm getting closer and closer now. Once I go the route of laying out money and initiate"
Just go and have your case assessed ( weather you do have a case or not) by a lawyer....that initial first hour of assessing your particular case will result in one of two things, he/ she (lawyer) will tell you outright you have no case, or We have a case here....if you are asked for a retainer...usually it means you have an upward battle, if you're told no retainer needed we'll get paid when we get a judgement, JUMP on it.
Way too many complexities for you to determine weather you indeed have a case or not.... as long as you have documented proof to substantiate your case, you're golden!
The sooner you approach a lawyer the better off you will be...just a thought....

·
Registered
881 Posts
Did you ever try and get an independent pro written body shop analyses of why your paint is coming off? These are the tools a lawyer would need in his/her hands....if that section of the body work, immediately behind the wheels was somehow worked on for whatever reason by a body shop and is NO longer the factory paint, you can bet it will NOT take the abuse a factory paint would, guaranteed!, and will show escalated wear and tear just from driving.....any lawyer working on behalf of Lincoln will punch more holes in a story that states "Lincoln body paint is being sand blasted"....on the other hand....an expert review of what is going on with your existent paint will contest that it was indeed show "OTHER" than factory ( maybe slight damage while in transit and dealer decided to have it repaired on his dime) regardless...onus of proof lays with you, and YOU/lawyer must prove OR at least cause sufficient doubt as to the honesty of Lincoln's rebuttal....through evidence.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have talked to someone
I do have all kinds of "evidence"
I continue to build my case
If you've heard me say a lot "I am waiting for winter to conclude to confirm things"

Again all my ducks will be in a row.

Time for dinner with the family-

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hey reaper I'm not your bro. You and Ken should join Mensa. Really? I should bring it to the dealer to fix it? I thought for sure you guys in the forum would fix it for me, that's why I posted about my problem, don't you know. Sheer brilliance from you both.

Can you read any of my other posts??
It has been to the dealer multiple times and they can't fix it.

What do you all not understand here?

·
Registered
210 Posts
There are owners that are experiencing very real and very frustrating problems. So the premise of this thread is unfair and obnoxious. I get the idea that there are auto hypochondriacs, that whine about imaginary noises, but the folks that have had problems on the forum have bad cars.

Lemon laws are very specific by state. It will clearly lay out how many times to fix an issue, how many days out of service etc. Hire a lawyer if you think you must, but I think lawyers are a waste of money. Unless you are unfortunate enough to live in a state without a lemon law or a very lax lemon law, in which case a lawyer might be your only choice.

I had to make one lemon law claim in my life, a 2003 BMW M3. A couple of nasty legalese letters to BMWNA after the time bars were passed and my car was bought back. Super frustrating, but in the end also super easy. You don't have to 'build a case'. You either have one or you don't. Once the provisions of your states laws are met, the manufacturers hands are tied.

The one good advice here is don't talk about your settlement. You can talk about the problems you have had with your car, but the once a lemon buyback happens, the manufacturer requires you to not publicize your settlement. You must respect this or risk losing your right to the settlement.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Hey reaper I'm not your bro. You and Ken should join Mensa. Really? I should bring it to the dealer to fix it? I thought for sure you guys in the forum would fix it for me, that's why I posted about my problem, don't you know. Sheer brilliance from you both.

Can you read any of my other posts??
It has been to the dealer multiple times and they can't fix it.

What do you all not understand here?
and posted and posted and posted and posted and posted and posted and posted and posted and posted and posted. oh yeah, and posted and posted and posted and posted and posted. wait.... and posted and posted and posted.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Thanks Todd everyone here thinks it's just so easy, go out and hire a lawyer blah blah blah

And you are right I absolutely can do that

But people don't get that not everyone wants to be litigious and threatening and jump into a lawsuit and take up their life and time over it., especially over a new car that is supposed to be a happy time

I've actually just been trying to work something reasonable out for a long time. People on here DO NOT know the whole story. I won't go into it publicly because I may HAVE to go legal route. I won't jeopardize what I have done so far.

But others on here will shoot back with stupid comments about why. I didnt do this or that.

I want people to know my situation and that Lincoln won't help.

THATS the moral of this story. Consumers need to know what will happen if you buy a defective car from this company. You will not get help. They will deny. They hide. They will lie. And they use the dealers as a shield, say dealers are independent nothing they can do.....

Read Robert preuss story (mayday) his car had a massive leak and was filled with mold. They denied. He had to hire a lawyer before they would do anything. Absolutely despicable.

THATS the message of this.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.