Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's no air coming out of the vents in the back. Is there a way to test it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try turning off Auto climate control. Set the system manually to use the vents. You should have flow at this point.

Auto mode will turn them off and on as it see fits to maintain the total cabin climate.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try turning off Auto climate control. Set the system manually to use the vents. You should have flow at this point.

Auto mode will turn them off and on as it see fits to maintain the total cabin climate.
I turned the fan speed up to max and set the bottom exhaust manually. Still no air flow out of the back vents.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also...I believe you need to have it off the floor as well...middle level (floor,MIDDLE, defrost).
Sorry. I don;t understand. Could you explain?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
on your screen you see 3 options the top-defrost, the middle-in your face, the bottom-floor. :wink
Yes I pressed htat button and raise the fan speed to max. No air out of back vents. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yes I pressed htat button and raise the fan speed to max. No air out of back vents. Any suggestions?

obviously you must have checked they are opened, having said that I would take it to the dealer to see what they make of it. Or perhaps ask a friend if they can look to confirm your not crazy..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sorry to weigh in here, but looking at this exchange of messages I can't tell if you actually set it to floor or vent (which is what you probably want)?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I checked again. Vents are and were open. But this time I set the top body on(man's head) and it seemed to give air. In Auto, I didn't seem to get much. Neither were there much air with the bottom of the man only selected. It seems to have a mind of its own. But at least I did get some air moving so the vents have to be hooked up. Why the air amount varies and when, I can't figure out.

·
Registered
232 Posts
So I checked again. Vents are and were open. But this time I set the top body on(man's head) and it seemed to give air. In Auto, I didn't seem to get much. Neither were there much air with the bottom of the man only selected. It seems to have a mind of its own. But at least I did get some air moving so the vents have to be hooked up. Why the air amount varies and when, I can't figure out.

At least it works..to a degree. If you aren't pleased I would suggest when you go to the dealer at your next service visit let them check it out, it is possible that something could be blocking airflow. I know when the warm weather returns that you will want the vents working the best they can.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At least it works..to a degree. If you aren't pleased I would suggest when you go to the dealer at your next service visit let them check it out, it is possible that something could be blocking airflow. I know when the warm weather returns that you will want the vents working the best they can.
That's why the vents are connected to the upper body not the lower. When you cool, the upper vents in the front are used. So it makes sense that the rear vents would get the cooler are. But during the winter, when heating is usually from the floor vents, you'd think the car would switch the air to those lower vents to heat the back. Does anyone know if that;s the way it's set up?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I tried them today - only seemed to work when middle (vent) position was selected on climate screen. I presume they would primarily be of use while in air conditioning mode.

Reactions: 2015 MSM

·
Registered
647 Posts
I believe the air only comes out of the rear vents when the A/C is on and blowing out of the dash vents in the front or both the dash/floor vents (bilevel mode)....this is both in auto and manual mode. If the heat is on and blowing out of the floor vents in front only, then there will be little to no air blowing out of the rear centre vent as the heated air will be coming out of the vents under the front seats.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just spoke to the service guy at Lincoln. He said there are other vents on the floor in the back beside the ones on the console. Where? Is he nuts or did I misunderstand him?

Countryguy: What did you mean by "...vents under the front seats"???

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK the service mechanic just clarified. During heating, the vents under the front seat provide heating to the front and to the rear. He said there might be a little air from the console vents for the rear. But those vents are basically for cooling.

Reactions: 2015 MSM

·
Registered
647 Posts
There are air vents on the floor underneath the front seats for heating the rear seat areas.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts