Lincoln MKC Forum banner

Back-up Camera Delay Setting Reverts to Off Mode Unexpectedly

9K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  blankster 
#1 ·
I have my back-up camera setting set to “delay" (stay on for a short time after shifting to drive). After it is set, the back-up camera stays on for a while after shifting to forward, usually for a few days. Then the back-up camera goes off immediately when shifting forward. When I go into settings, the camera delay setting is still shown to be “on". If I set it to “off" and then immediately back to “on", it corrects the problem for a few days before it unexpectedly stops working again and has to be reset by turning this feature off and then on again.
Anyone else notice this problem on your MKC?

#5 ·
My Wife's Escape did something very similar, the curving aid lines setting would disappear as well as the backup camera delay. We would reset it, would stay for a while and all of a sudden it would be gone again. I like the delay as it lets you watch behind the vehicle for those few moments as you move forward. Of course it turns off over about 5mph.

One of the visits to the dealer there was an update they did to the APIM or MFT or something and the problem has not returned. They may have replaced the APIM, not sure.

Rayo

Reactions: Gerry
#7 ·
I thought I had been through the menus repeatedly, I don't remember seeing this option, I have to go back and look for it.

That being said, as someone else asked, why would you want the backup camera to stay on after you have selected D? If there was a mode I could select, I would rather be able to defeat the backup camera in certain instances, rather than have it stay on longer.

#8 ·
Its in the MFT under the settings, Vehicle, Camera or Backup Camera something like that.

The reason I like having it on is that it gives you a rear view for a few moments as you pull away in drive.

ANNNDDD the big thing I do with it. When I am pulling into my garage... If I don't get in far enough or to much... I can go backward/forward as needed and watch the camera (even if in drive) to get the rear of the vehicle lined up with the inevitable line you will have on your garage floor from where your door comes down all the time. Lets us get the vehicles in just right every time. :wink

Reactions: Gerry and enbridge
#10 ·
Also, in a public parking lot with "back to back" parking spots, when moving forward from one spot to the forward spot, you can see when you cross the common painted line if the rear camera persists for a while as you move forward.

Haaa another good use... I had not thought of that one. :wink

#12 ·
Until the fix is released (as software) there isn't much the dealer can do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.