Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 2.3 AWD. I have been stuck 4 mornings with a dead battery and the dealer still hasn't located the source.
Initially the dealer couldn't replicate the issue so I got the car back with a new modem (??) which apparently was on recall. The battery ran dead again, but this time I could hear the power liftgate continually cycling. The dealer replaced the liftgate module which stopped the cycling, but the battery still ran dead. They then gave me a new factory battery, but several days later, dead again.
The dealer is now saying that I have the keys too close (in the house) while the car is parked which is cycling the lock / unlock mechanism. I wouldn't expect 25 - 30 feet distance sufficient to be engaging the locks, nor do I notice any telltale light flashing. The dealer backs this up by claiming lock sensitivity was an issue on several 2015 models.

Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yes I and many others have reported the same issue. There are a few causes. One of them is the perimeter lighting that comes on as you approach the vehicle. In order for it to recognize the FOB it is continually cycling to search for the signal. There is a TSB fix for this - 2 modules in the door (the rear passenger door actually) have to be replaced. If you do some searching on this forum, you will find a few other threads dealing with this dead battery issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts