Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Wednesday I called our local Miami Lincoln dealer to report the loud thunk we had experienced Monday and Tuesday. They quickly arranged to pick up the car Friday morning at 9 am. Shortly thereafter I received a text from Lincoln confirming the pickup. The text included a link so I could check the status. I didn't think much of it.

This morning I got another text from Lincoln informing me that the pickup car was on its way. The same status link was included. This time I pressed on the link and what popped up was a map of Miami that showed the exact real time location of the pickup car, the driver's name, and his photo, all very á là Uber. So cool!

I also got a text from the driver saying he'd be arriving shortly. He arrived 5 minutes early, handed me the keys to a 2015 MKX and drove away in our MKC.

No one is happy when something goes wrong with their car, but heck, this was as painless as it can be when it does happen.

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
Very nice! My Cadillac dealer offered a similar service but for a fee. I never used it.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Sweetness with warmed melted honey on top.....nice way to communicate with a black label owner! Hope it all go according to plan ( getting repaired to your satisfaction).

Reactions: CanYouMKCmeNow

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I got it back the same day. They called to let me know all they had done (connected to the computer, test drive, etc.) but did not find any error codes and were unable to reproduce the problem. They asked if I wanted to go for a test drive with their technician. I told them I'd trust their diagnostics. It had only happened twice in 3,000 miles, and I would let them know if it happens again. They were fine with that and sent me my car back. So we'll see if the thunk happens again, but at least the service experience was the best I've ever had.

And yes, I was able to track in real time my MKC as it was being driven back to me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Awesome story! I just picked up a Black Label MKZ yesterday! I got a Z to go with my C! From Crest, too!

Reactions: espressomac

·
Registered
881 Posts
NICE CanYouMKCmeNow,congrats mate!

·
Registered
647 Posts
espressomac, I'm assuming you got this quality of service from a Lincoln only dealer? Being in a huge metropolitan area like you are, is a plus. Unfortunately living so remotely where I am there isn't even a Lincoln/Ford dealer....Ford dealer only so I will never be able to get the perks that you are getting. I'm envious! LOL

·
Registered
881 Posts
CountryGuy....This is just an assumption, and I will check out for more concrete detail, but the Lincoln section at my dealership DO carry the Black label offerings by Lincoln....I then would assume that the perks of owing a BL would also be validated within the dealership....it's an interesting question that I want to find out more about...I'll keep you posted!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Mac:
"On Wednesday I called our local Miami Lincoln dealer to report the loud thunk we had experienced Monday and Tuesday."
This is JUST a note really, but that description above ALMOST sounds like a tire impacting a road imperfection, as in a expansion joint....My old Pirelli tires had this "thunk" going over expansion joints....had it checked out....nothing wrong with the car the report said....I noticed AFTER I bought new tires....if it's at all possible Mac...you should try and drive that same strip of road you heard the "Thunk" happening, at preferably the same rate of speed....that would at least rule out it was indeed a tire OR something else.....just a suggestion!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome story! I just picked up a Black Label MKZ yesterday! I got a Z to go with my C! From Crest, too!
Congratulations! What theme did you get? And you have to post pictures!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
espressomac, I'm assuming you got this quality of service from a Lincoln only dealer? Being in a huge metropolitan area like you are, is a plus. Unfortunately living so remotely where I am there isn't even a Lincoln/Ford dealer....Ford dealer only so I will never be able to get the perks that you are getting. I'm envious! LOL

Yes, it's a Lincoln only dealer. But here's the surprising thing: the loaner drop-off and pickup service is actually provided by a different company called Redcap. Seems Redcap is a company like Uber that provides on demand valet service to car dealers. They send a driver to the dealer who picks up the loaner, takes it to the client, picks up the client's car, and drives it back to the dealer. Then they are off to the next car dealer or client. So smart.

The even cooler thing is that apparently they will provide a client with the service as well. Their website explains that you could drop off your car at the dealer in the morning while picking up a loaner, but if later that day you need to have someone take the loaner back and bring you your car, Redcap will do it. I'm wondering if Uber drivers are also Redcap drivers...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mac:
"On Wednesday I called our local Miami Lincoln dealer to report the loud thunk we had experienced Monday and Tuesday."
This is JUST a note really, but that description above ALMOST sounds like a tire impacting a road imperfection, as in a expansion joint....
Thanks so much for the suggestion. I was in the car the second time it happened so I know exactly where it occurred. It's basically the street behind our building where we pull out once we come up the building's garage ramp. I can see it from our balcony and it looks just fine.

I also drove up the same ramp with the guy picking up the MKC (who I now understand doesn't even work for Lincoln) to see if we could recreate the thunk. Pretty sure it was a transmission thing. Since it's all electronic these days, I can only guess it was some software glitch. But no error codes were detected... Thanks again 5.0.

·
Registered
881 Posts
You're welcome mac...was just trying to determine if it was in fact something OTHER than a tire sound...

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts