Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are just a few black label owners and I believe only one 2016 but anyone know if their black label welcome mat is different? Heard that there might be a different black label mat for the 2016s, think it's on the new MKXs.

I know the sync welcome screen is different and says black label..tru blu does your welcome mat say black label?

·
Registered
87 Posts
not to thread jack but i read and saw that the new Mercedes GLE has a welcome mat similar to Lincoln's except it's a circular Mercedes symbol. Copying indeed is the greatest form of flattery. :smile

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not to thread jack but i read and saw that the new Mercedes GLE has a welcome mat similar to Lincoln's except it's a circular Mercedes symbol. Copying indeed is the greatest form of flattery. :smile
Funny you said this as I just got off the phone with my local MB dealer that called to tell me that the brand new GLC just hit their floors and would I like to come test drive :smile:smile?

Land rover also now has an option for welcome mat. They all copy each other. When I was car shopping I went to look at the GLA because it has illuminated star symbol on the front. How cool! Shortly after I saw the new continental at the car show and saw the Lincoln symbol in the center is illuminated like the MB star. Looks like the GLC does NOT have that option. BOO!

The Land Rover mat can be activated anytime from the fob-something id love to be able to do-light my welcome mat on command. I like to see people's reactions :smile

·
Registered
149 Posts
I will let you know soon!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will let you know soon!
I know..SO jealous :). When you get it can you please post a lot of shots of the interior...I've seen all the BL themes except for indulgence in person (which I'm 99.9% sure is my fav-what I would get). I'm wondering if it's much darker than my hazelnut. Oasis is beautiful too with the hazelnut accents but afraid of the light seats after seeing how dirty they can get.

Everytime I have a loaner car without my hazelnut interior (like recently again unfortunately) I am SO happy to get back in my car, I like it that much. I wish the headliner and carpets weren't still black though. It would have been nice to have the lighter matching headliner and a dark brown colored carpet/mat would have been my preference over black.

Let us know all of the colors inside (carpets/mats). A while back I said before you know it you'll be going to get your car and here it is..not much longer now. Hope you have nice weather for your trip, so far it's looking very mild!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I did see (and touch) the Indulgence theme at the dealer, and it is indeed dark. The interior mats will be the all-weather black rubber ones since we did opt for those. Will take photos.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love the brown colors but was wondering if it would be so dark that it would be comparable to black. A must see....think I still would want it.
Oasis is beautiful but after having a few loaners with the light seats and seeing the dirt I don't know....the seats and patterns though are so nice...

Can't wait for the pictures!

·
Registered
239 Posts
My impression of Indulgence is that it is darker than Hazelnut, but not as dark as the Espresso in my White Sands/Espresso interior. It has a nice deep richness. I haven't seen Oasis, but I do like the wood selection with that theme. I'm guessing it's a little darker and more neutral than the White Sands, which has a tinge of yellow to my eyes. I think Oasis with the Chroma Couture exterior would be a beautiful combo.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My impression of Indulgence is that it is darker than Hazelnut, but not as dark as the Espresso in my White Sands/Espresso interior. It has a nice deep richness. I haven't seen Oasis, but I do like the wood selection with that theme. I'm guessing it's a little darker and more neutral than the White Sands, which has a tinge of yellow to my eyes. I think Oasis with the Chroma Couture exterior would be a beautiful combo.
Yes I think the oasis wood is nicest too. I just had a white sands/expresso loaner last week (I've had all of the interiors now LOL) and the oasis is darker. It's a tan (more so than a gold)where I feel the white sands is brighter. I saw the chroma couture (brown right? chroma flame is the orange) and yes it's a perfect combo. Indulgence would also look great with that exterior if you were going for a dark brown on brown effect..

Rich sounds like a good description of indulgence. The browns look beautiful but I've been looking for a lighter interior so I would want to see just how dark the inside might look. Even if it was on the darker side I think I would choose it still. It just looks so "rich" as you say, like the chocolates they show in the picture LOL

Looking forward to expresso's wife's' pictures!

·
Registered
239 Posts
As you mentioned, the dark headliner is my one beef with Lincoln's darker interiors. I like the light colored one in mine - gives a sense of airiness inside.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I know there are just a few black label owners and I believe only one 2016 but anyone know if their black label welcome mat is different? Heard that there might be a different black label mat for the 2016s, think it's on the new MKXs.

I know the sync welcome screen is different and says black label..tru blu does your welcome mat say black label?
mmoretti, I specifically asked if the welcome mat is different, and Shannon at Crest seemed pleasantly surprised that I asked. She said it was. But it doesn't say Black Label. My understanding is that it has a long black line across the mat as the difference. Someone else can confirm if it indeed is different.

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mmoretti, I specifically asked if the welcome mat is different, and Shannon at Crest seemed pleasantly surprised that I asked. She said it was. But it doesn't say Black Label. My understanding is that it has a long black line across the mat as the difference. Someone else can confirm if it indeed is different.
Yes, it indeed is different from mine with that black line going through it :cool: Would be cooler if it did say black label like the insignia/logo. And the splash screen on the sync3 dash also says Black Label too right? Very nice.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey guys. Been awhile since I checked in on here. My 2015 BL does not say Black Label on welcome mat. But I cannot remember if has the lines or not. I want to say it does. Can't wait to check on that later tonight!
Pretty cool to find these little things that make the BL different. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts