Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question. When using voice commands and with the blower speed on the highest setting, doesn't the system lower the fan speed as to not drown out your commands? I think it should and believe mine used to, but now it does not.I can only get it to work by manually lowering the blower motor.. Can anyone confirm this>? TIA.

I searched the online manual/forum and could not readily find the answer.

·
Registered
733 Posts
If your climate control is in "Auto" mode the fan speed should decrease to a level that does not give too much background noise when using voice commands. That usually occurs at startup when the fan is generally higher. Once the cabin reaches operating temp the fan should not change.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your climate control is in "Auto" mode the fan speed should decrease to a level that does not give too much background noise when using voice commands. That usually occurs at startup when the fan is generally higher. Once the cabin reaches operating temp the fan should not change.

Thank you for that information...can you advise if that is the same without auto? I would appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thank you for that information...can you advise if that is the same without auto? I would appreciate it. Thanks!

I don't believe the feature works with manual climate control as the fan speed is controlled by the end-user and not by computer. ... Just a guess.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have tried it on both AUTO and MANUAL, same results, the blower motor does not reduce itself regardless of what I do. Stumped.

At cold startup in the winter the fan goes on high after the engine has warmed a bit - Try it then.. Again this is for automatic climate control.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At cold startup in the winter the fan goes on high after the engine has warmed a bit - Try it then.. Again this is for automatic climate control.

I have the car at the dealer right now, I have an MKC loaner, blower does lower for voice commands, we'll see what they say. I'll follow up with what was done to resolve the issue.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked up the car, the service advisor was not there, my paperwork says working as designed, but the blower motor still does not go lower when using voice commands, it did on the loaner. I will call on Monday to find out how they came to the conclusion, when I know factually that it worked until very recently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts