Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Hello Everyone - been reading the forums for a while for info but never posted.

My 2019 MKC turns the blutooth volume up all the way on my phone. All works ok, however, I keep my phone in my pocket and dont mess with it when I am driving. Well the phone pops up with an alert saying the phone is up past a safe listening volume and shows a message you have to click ok on. If you dont the message just comes back up and the phone vibrates - every few minutes.

If I try to turn the volume down on the phone, the MKC turns it right back up to max.

Sync support was of no help, they keep trying to reset mykey settings even though I dont have mykey setup, and just keep asking if the message was still showing up after they have me click ok - it does not feel like they understand what is taking place.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the same behavior on a new 2019. I soft reset the phone and all is well. The Volume bar is not red anymore

·
Registered
46 Posts
What's a soft reset?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried a soft reset and even a full wipe of my phone and it had the exact same behavior.

I seem to have found a workaround for this issue. Connect to the car with the phone... Then on the phone go into the settings for bluetooth >> then advanced >> disable media volume sync. It prevents the car from trying to turn the bluetooth volume up all the way. Now I dont have to deal with the alert of my phone - it has stopped.

FYI this is for a S9+ w/ Android Pie

This does not address the root cause of how/why the car trys to turn up the bluetooth volume all the way. But this does seem to get rid of the symptoms / annoying pop up/alert.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts