Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
529 Posts
Low fuel pressure could make you idle rough On a typical fuel injected car. Which would make sense about the buzzing noise, but the tank fuel pump should only be a secondary pump with the primary pump on the motor I believe being this car is direct injected versus just fuel injected. I just don’t quite understand direct injection enough to know if low fuel pressure from the secondary pump would cause a rough idle or not maybe somebody else would have an answer for you on here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Low fuel pressure could make you idle rough On a typical fuel injected car. Which would make sense about the buzzing noise, but the tank fuel pump should only be a secondary pump with the primary pump on the motor I believe being this car is direct injected versus just fuel injected. I just don’t quite understand direct injection enough to know if low fuel pressure from the secondary pump would cause a rough idle or not maybe somebody else would have an answer for you on here.
Thanks. The error code is for the fuel tank pressure sensor. I'm going to change that and see if that solves the problem. It stopped making the noise but has trouble starting but only when I put gas in the tank.

·
Administrator
529 Posts
What error code are you getting? You could also have a bad purge valve if you are not building tank pressure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts