Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Lincoln has embraced its own form of luxury, American-luxury, as opposed to being one of a number of non-German luxury brands that just chases the German luxury formula. David Woodhouse, Lincoln's chief designer, told Car and Driver just that at the Detroit auto show.

“We are an American brand and decidedly don’t want to imitate the Germans..."
One specific difference that was talked about by Woodhouse was the decision to make the rear compartments of vehicles more spacious so that long wheelbase versions were not needed for the Chinese market.

Another differentiating feature is the return of the blue interior. It is certainly unique, and I have a feeling that it will have a few fans that are looking for something outside the box.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Fine strategy to' hit them where they ain't'. Teutonic sterility can get really repetitive.

There is nothing but upside to this idea of evoking the legacy of the brand. As long as controls and instrumentation stay reasonably viewable and reachable, interiors can be powerful sellers.

Certainly there is room to strike out with better interfaces for screens. Why not have it more like our phones so we can put the items where we want instead of where some programmer was told to? Like the CCD control, as Car and Driver said of it in their MKX review, you had to go 'spelunking into the menus' to change settings.

And I vote for a rich burgundy leather-quiet and soothing.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'm not a fan of a blue interior, but I have exceptions to that rule....if we are talking about that deep rich blue portrayed in that image above....I would definitely consider it after seeing it in person....it is a great colour!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Agreed wholeheartedly ....pretty appealing, a fresh perspective to an interior in a sea of mundane shades...it has a strong presence yet calming, does that make sense?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts