Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I had my car washed at a Petro-Canada Glide wash for the second time. The first time I went there, the rear wiper and arm were torn off during the wash. They paid to fix it and said it was a fluke and would not happen again. Well it did. Today the wiper blade was torn off, but the arm remained. The manager told me not to come back as I had a non-standard wiper assembly and it would happen again. I just have the regular Lincoln equipment on the car, nothing else. Goes without saying that I won't go back. I find the touchless washes do nothing for getting the car anywhere near clean, and I can't wash it myself. Where do you folks get your car washed? Any issues? I was going to a "full service" wash near me that also uses the brushes/cloth and had no damage with that one. Problem is, the kids working in there always blast the sound system, to the point of blowing a speaker. Then they lie and say it's how I took it in. So, I really don't want to go back there. Anyone recommend a decent car wash in the greater Toronto area?

Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ours has been thru many different car washes with brushes and we have no problems with the wiper. Sounds like that car wash is the problem.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Agree with todd92. Been through many car washes with no problem whatsoever.

Reactions: 2015 MSM

·
Registered
881 Posts
ONLY car washes I use in Toronto are ones that offer Hand wash, as opposed to machine washed....there's a great one I used many times at St Clair and O'Connor, $20 bucks gets you an outside full wash, including wheels and an interior cleanup.....I would never use any automated car wash on ANY car I own....the detergent used in these machines is very aggressive, especially in the "Touchless" These guys hand wash your car, rinse it well and hand dry it to 99.9% perfection!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Also please note...MOST automated washing bays have warnings posted on the walls regarding radio antennas, wipers and rear wings with the possibility for damage happening......I would NEVER take that chance.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I never go through any wash that touches my vehicles. We have a very good touchless one. It will get 90% of the nasty crud off. I then go home and do a rinseless wash in my garage if I want it really clean. I realize it's probably much worse/colder in Toronto vs. KS, and a wash in your garage may not be feasible.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Washing my cars right now, I can almost assure you the water would become ice BEFORE it touches the car's body LOL......it's been cold up here...last few days -12C, done with winter already!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies, everyone. There is a hand car was not too far from here that I'll try out. $15 for exterior or $25 for interior and exterior. No appointment necessary, and you're done in about 20 minutes for exterior only. The other one I'll try is the Canadian Tire touchless wash. It has a good reputation and my brother says it does a better job than the other touchless washes. I can't believe something as simple as a car wash can be a headache.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I never had any damage done at a car wash, but got scared one time. When I first got my Escape, I wasn't familiar with the rain-sensing wipers. I went through a car wash and didn't have them turned completely off. As soon as the water hit they started up. Thank God I got them turned off before any damage was done. When my new MKC gets here I will take the time to completely read the manual and acquaint myself with ALL the bells and whistles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You're not kidding when you say that you definitely don't want to go back there. Talk about terrible customer service - the manager didn't even seem apologetic about what happened with your car! I don't have any suggestions though. I personally prefer to take care of washing and grooming on my own!

·
Registered
733 Posts
The only car wash my MKC sees is at the dealer otherwise I hand wash it.. The dealer really does a good job of cleaning it after a service visit. They even clean the interior mats and apply a tire dressing. I've seen my Jeep dealer insert the rear wiper into a PVC pipe with suction cups that secures it to the rear glass. Probably to avoid similar damage.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Agree on only using hand wash facilities. That's all we have in our area and exiting the vehicle is required while your car is pulled thru the wash.
While I've not had a problem so far my concern has always been the need to touch the Neutral shift button twice to avoid auto shift to Park when engine is turned off.
Always explain this requirement to attendants but half the time I notice they leave the engine running as the communication just doesn't get passed on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts