Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the cargo light switch? My 1st mkc and am 86 years young but I have had lots of vehicles and worked in electronics for 40 years but this one has me stumped.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought so too but that is solid, just checked it \again this evening.
there is plenty to mess up that is for sure😁

·
Registered
148 Posts
When you say solid do you mean there is no button there on yours. If so what year is your MKC?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where is the cargo light switch? My 1st mkc and am 86 years young but I have had lots of vehicles and worked in electronics for 40 years but this one has me stumped.
On my '19, the center switch controls the map lights but not the cargo light. It seems the cargo light is tied into the same circuit that welcomes you to the vehicle (welcome mat, door handles, etc.) and does not appear to be a way to control it independently.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I could not believe that, but I tried it too, doesn't work with the map light override , it only works with the welcome system. I was wrong, sorry😞😞

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
checked it out last nite and that didnt work either, maybe the bulb is burnt out(ha ha)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I cannot understand why a question like that is this hard. Nobody knows, hard to believe. Its a 2018 reserve if that makes a difference. However I will admit they are a bit trying.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Did you try the bulb? Mine works with the hatch open due to the welcome system but does not activate with some switch. If it doesn't turn on and the bulb is good , sounds like a warranty case for Lincoln

·
Registered
9 Posts
havent tried the bulb looks like that might be a bugger also
Because of your last post we have now determined that the light does not come “on”. Maybe it’s a fuse. My ’19 has a fuse box located in the cargo area with fuses specific to things like “Auxillary Power Point – Cargo Area”. The fuses have a transparent cover on them and you may be able to visibly see if one is blown. I tried to remove one on mine to see if the light went out and I bent the cover. I was able to get the cover back on but don’t wish to experiment further. It appears the fuse covers can be removed using slight pressure at the top and bottom.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts