Lincoln MKC Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Try this site: Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

When I looked for 2015 MKC parts, a salvage yard in Wisconsin came up indicating they have at least some parts for an MKC. I don't know the exact name of the part, so I couldn't do an exact search.

There's bound to be totaled MKC somewhere in the US or Canada, from which you can hopefully get the part.

If you check the parts catalogue (Quarter Trim Interior Panel) there are may variations on either side - like trim level, color and options like THX, or 10 speaker or no sub (if its the side with the sub) plus there were running changes (may date ranges) so you may have to add build date to the mix. FYI - I have a MKX loaner today - same issue could happen with that vehicle also.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The Lincoln dealer where I am going for service tomorrow is 2 hours away from me. The service advisor said there had been a few MKC wrecks recently and they gave me the name of the wrecking yard however when I called them this morning the guy told me he had no MKCs??? I will check again with the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
735 Posts
The Lincoln dealer where I am going for service tomorrow is 2 hours away from me. The service advisor said there had been a few MKC wrecks recently and they gave me the name of the wrecking yard however when I called them this morning the guy told me he had no MKCs??? I will check again with the dealer tomorrow.

There are some listed on EBAY (white sand with THX) - Best bet would be to get the actual part number you need then Google that part number and see what comes up. I doubt its hard to change.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Getting the part number is the problem. The parts department at the local Ford dealer could not (or would not) find a part number for just the hook or even the hook and the plastic assembly it hooks into....he could only find a part number for the entire rear panel which is why it is so expensive. Hopefully I will have better luck at the Lincoln dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
SUCCESS!!!!

On Sun. I sent a lengthy email to the Director of Sales & Service for Lincoln Canada outlining all the issues I have had with my MKC including this recent one about the cargo hook. He forwarded my email to the Client Relationship Manager and this afternoon she called me to discuss them all.

1. Lincoln is going to pay to have the cargo hook and side panel if necessary, replaced

2. No longer do I have to drive 2 hours to the Lincoln dealer to get the 2 year prepaid maintenance performed (I was supposed to do this tomorrow). Lincoln has contacted the local Ford dealer and given them authorisation to do the maintenance at no charge to me. I am having the 32,000 km maintenance done on Thurs. and since I will be past the 2 years time frame before I reach 40,000 km, they are giving me a voucher good for 1 year for that maintenance.

·
Registered
232 Posts
SUCCESS!!!!

On Sun. I sent a lengthy email to the Director of Sales & Service for Lincoln Canada outlining all the issues I have had with my MKC including this recent one about the cargo hook. He forwarded my email to the Client Relationship Manager and this afternoon she called me to discuss them all.

1. Lincoln is going to pay to have the cargo hook and side panel if necessary, replaced

2. No longer do I have to drive 2 hours to the Lincoln dealer to get the 2 year prepaid maintenance performed (I was supposed to do this tomorrow). Lincoln has contacted the local Ford dealer and given them authorisation to do the maintenance at no charge to me. I am having the 32,000 km maintenance done on Thurs. and since I will be past the 2 years time frame before I reach 40,000 km, they are giving me a voucher good for 1 year for that maintenance.

What an awesome, unexpected surprise. Great for you!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yes it did...read the post above. In short, Lincoln covered the cost of the cargo hook replacement, gave me a voucher for the next maintenance so I could have it done at the Ford dealer and they also paid for the Navigation map update which was $240 CAD.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yes it did...read the post above. In short, Lincoln covered the cost of the cargo hook replacement, gave me a voucher for the next maintenance so I could have it done at the Ford dealer and they also paid for the Navigation map update which was $240 CAD.

I see no map update for the 2016 MKC yet.... bummer

·
Registered
232 Posts
Excellent..I read it as it was still in the works and not completed as yet...Thanks for the update!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
SUCCESS!!!!

Good to hear! There is hope for me if you had yours fixed by Lincoln.

We have had the same problem - twice - cargo hook popped out. The first time the Ford dealer just used epoxy to glue it back in (the hook wasn't broken). This second time the hook broke into pieces and it pulled out some of the fibreboard backing with it. I didn't think much of it until I heard some were charged $1000 to fix it! So I just left it. Now I will pursue a repair at their cost when we take it in for the next service.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I doubt that the Ford or Lincoln dealer with replace the cargo hook and inside panel without getting approval from Lincoln. You are probably going to have to fight for it just as I did.

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2015 MKC car at an auction with minor damage, repaired it. I noticed a broken hook in the trunk and started looking for something to replace it. Now I have the impression that I bought your car))))

21 - 36 of 36 Posts