Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Lincoln MKC
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Lincoln MKC - just hit 60k miles 2 days ago. That’s when the check engine light appeared. I am getting an oil change today - due for one. Can I check the engine light code using the Forscan software and the OBD link adapter? Still have it from when I done the Sync 3 upgrade. Hoping this check engine light is nothing something really serious/costly. It is not flashing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2015 Lincoln MKC - just hit 60k miles 2 days ago. That’s when the check engine light appeared. I am getting an oil change today - due for one. Can I check the engine light code using the Forscan software and the OBD link adapter? Still have it from when I done the Sync 3 upgrade. Hoping this check engine light is nothing something really serious/costly. It is not flashing.
I have a 2018 MKC hit 55,000 and the check engine light came on. The auto parts store ran the code for me and now I'm getting a new engine installed.

·
Registered
2015 Lincoln MKC
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2018 MKC hit 55,000 and the check engine light came on. The auto parts store ran the code for me and now I'm getting a new engine installed.
Mine is diagnostic code P0456 EVAP leak detected very small .02-inch. I am told that it can be gas cap - don’t have one, possibly seal. Can also be the Canister purge valve - $95. I’m sure with labor it may be close to $300/$400.

·
Administrator
529 Posts
Mine is diagnostic code P0456 EVAP leak detected very small .02-inch. I am told that it can be gas cap - don’t have one, possibly seal. Can also be the Canister purge valve - $95. I’m sure with labor it may be close to $300/$400.
Yes usually a gas cap or evap purge solenoid. I would bet on the purge solenoid as the “cap “ is very dependable. The cap is the seal and flap on the cap less system

1 - 4 of 4 Posts