Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a check engine indicator on my 2019 MKC 2.3cf reserve. I don't notice any problems driving. What do you think? Could it be a defective sensor? Light? or something more serious?

Should I reboot the software?

Administrator
Can you get us a code? I had a crankcase pressure sensor fail that did nothing but turn the light on. Funny thing 2.3L should not need that sensor, my wanted one after the motor swap, so I am running a 2.0L sensor on my 2.3L:unsure:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer yesterday ran an electronic engine control self-test. It came up with code P0303. Low coolant in the reservoir required a fillup of it. The tech says it's a possible coolant leak internal in the 3rd cylinder.

In order to check it out, they have to take the top of the engine apart on the top to see what going on and check other things there. Maybe it's the gasket that's leaking into the engine combustion chamber he said. Who knows? The car is still under warranty so there's no charge to me to investigate and repair it. I have a follow-up appointment in August for them to take it apart and get a loaner as it will be out for 2-3 weeks. In the meanwhile, they said I could drive it now until the appointment. I just have to keep an eye on the coolant level.

We just bought the car last month after leasing it for 3 1/2 years so I'm really annoyed. I feel that taking the engine apart like that just leaves problems forever that I'll be stuck with.

Another fact. I did an oil change ten months ago and the car is calling for another oil change for the last 4 weeks. The tech said it isn't connected with the engine issue, but I wonder? They'll change the oil next month when they do the engine. They said there's no point doing it now as it would be wasted when they take the engine apart.

Any opinions? Any theories?

Administrator
Get it looked at as soon as possible, sounds to me like you鈥檝e got an engine failure, that鈥檒l be a nice replacement under warranty, it would suck if it was out of warranty when you had to replace the motor. When the gasket fails it chews the top of the block and ruins the entire motor do a little digging on the Forum you鈥檒l see a lot of people that replaced their motor with the same problem

Reactions: Jonzim

Registered
I'm surprised I have not blown my gasket. I would make sure you stay within a certain mileage and not drive past the warranty mileage.
Alan (side note) with these direct injection engines it's a good idea to change the oil more frequently than 10 months. Maybe closer to every 6 months or 6k miles.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm surprised I have not blown my gasket. I would make sure you stay within a certain mileage and not drive past the warranty mileage.
Alan (side note) with these direct injection engines it's a good idea to change the oil more frequently than 10 months. Maybe closer to every 6 months or 6k miles.
Could the oil create the problem?

Registered
Could the oil create the problem?
No. not unless the wrong oil was put in, but highly unlikely. The reason to do regular oil changes is because direct injection engines tend to have more contaminates in the crank case and regular changes keeps the damaging contaminates from accumulating.

Administrator
No the oil change indicator doesn鈥檛 actually analyze the oil, what it looks Yes amount of time in wide-open throttle, engine temperatures, amount of miles. It analyzes what it thinks the oil should be like based on your driving conditions. If the engine temps have been excessively hot or you鈥檝e had misfires or something like that you might throw a change engine oil quicker

1 - 9 of 9 Posts