Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2015 Lincoln MKC, and overall I really like the vehicle. One thing I noticed, however, is that my old car (a Fusion) had the ability to change the temperature via the steering wheel. Put another way, the instrument cluster had four options (Phone, Navigation, Entertainment, Climate) but the MKC has only three (Climate is missing). Does anyone know why they did this? And if it's possible to program it back?

When I'm driving and need to change the temperature, it was a lot easier to just put the up and down arrows on the steering wheel since I had the cluster set to Climate always. Now I have to find the silver bar on the console, and even then I have to look at the touch screen to see what temperature I'm at. Yes, I can tell the car to set it, but I have Sync 2, so that takes a little while.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Text messages too

I also noticed that when I receive text messages, a dialog box appears on the center console screen giving me only about 5 seconds to put a button to hear it. In my old Fusion (same Sync 2), an OK button to hear the message appears in the instrument cluster screen and all I did was click the OK on my steering wheel to hear it. Why was this changed also? Seems odd that the 13 Fusion and 15 MKC with MyFord/Lincoln Touch has essentially the same four domains (climate/phone/entertainment/navigation) and steering wheel buttons but behaves differently.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I wonder (I never attempted) to press the 'pick up' button,on the steering wheel, to see if it will work like the listen button on the center console screen, when getting text.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

I did some researching and it seems there are two instrument clusters. One of them allows the phone messages accept to pop up on the instrument cluster (e.g. my 2013 Ford Fusion) and one does not (surprise surprise, my 2015 Lincoln MKC). So it seems it's a "feature" that they programmed that way for some cars, but not others.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And I should add that the 2015 Lincoln MKC also has the same cluster that doesn't allow climate to be controlled from the steering wheel. It looks like they can fit in the menu they show for the options, but apparently they can't. It's too bad Ford won't support updates anymore. I understand Ford wanting to distance themselves from Microsoft, but they should continue with updates until all vehicles that have Sync 2 are out of warrantee. It means treating the customer with respect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts