Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is set on the MKC after a quick test drive. We will be upgrading from the 2008 Edge and this is the car she has her heart set on. (I want her to wait for the 2015 Edge to hit the lots in a few months)
Anyway, I am 6-0 tall and concerned that the console will be in the way. It seemed like it would be a resting place for my knee and would get very uncomfortable on trips. I am the one that drives everywhere when we are together so I have to make sure we dont regret this purchase.
Any experience with this?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I too am 6' and had an Edge. I found my knees were always uncomfortable against the door or console.
The MKC is Way more comfortable and I have no issues with either knees. We also did a trip of 4800 kilometres and loved it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I also had this problem but found i had to push the seat a good ways back and really push myself back into the seat just to make my knees be positioned comfortably, something i don't mind doing on an on going basis.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm also 6'0" and have a MKC Reserve pkg. Not been a problem, and I don't drive with the seat that far back. Did test a Volvo XC60 when researching the smaller SUVs/CUVs and found the center console in the way of where my right knee wanted to rest.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I traded in my 2011 Ford Edge for a MKC and have had no issues with the center console. I am 6' tall and 200+ lbs. The one feature I enjoy versus the Edge is the "resting spot" for my left foot. I did not have that with my Edge Sport. I do however drive with my seat more forward than most with the steering wheel all the way forward. I am very happy thus far with the MKC.

·
Super Moderator
76 Posts
I'm 6' and found that my knee does hit the corner of the center console when I am in the passenger seat, but not the driver seat. My first instinct is to always move the seat back as far as it goes, but I've found that in the MKC there's plenty of legroom and anytime I am riding shotgun I will move my seat forward a couple inches (from the furthest point back) to get my knee past the part that rubs on the corner of the console.

I had the same issue when we test drove a Ford Escape, but never thought to adjust the seat forward while we were test driving it. Also, I think the leather and padding around the console area helps make it less noticeable / irritating.

·
Registered
524 Posts
One more reason for me to appreciate being as tall as i am, just about every vehicle i have been in i've been fine.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The C of course is a small SUV, I would have enjoyed the extra room a X would offer, but we did not what to wait a year for their stock to build. The C is mainly for and is my wife's, she loves it, there was no second choice for her. All our vehicles must fairly work for me too. I have always enjoyed the hunt of finding a new vehicle the way we fully like it on a lot in my area. With that said, I'm not that tall. I like this seat most of the way back, steering telescoped and do enjoy resting my arm on and knee against the very soft door panels. Not too sure what I've done with center console, I do know there was no discomfort in my case to recall.

From my early concerns with size, to my finially agreeing it was by far the best choice for her, I have grown to be very pleased with the choice. Quite happy so far to be back in a Lincoln and looking forward to liking and possibly one day purchasing the new X.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts