Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else picked up this months "Consumer Report" magazine? The MKC ranks LAST for Luxury Compact SUVs and is 18th on the top 20 most unreliable vehicles of the year. :crying No love from those guys!

Reactions: Bob Evans

·
Registered
87 Posts
Has anyone else picked up this months "Consumer Report" magazine? The MKC ranks LAST for Luxury Compact SUVs and is 18th on the top 20 most unreliable vehicles of the year. :crying No love from those guys!
Well, just a tiny bit better. CR (page 68) lists the MKC in 19th (not 18th) place. 1st place (the Fiat 500L) is the least reliable. The top MKC problem areas are in-car electronics, drive system, and power equipment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
well i agree with the consumer report, i have a MKC for almost a year and was by the dealer twice, and Quality control of ford/Lincoln is treble, my trunk is not alignment and neither is the side doors.. power issues i didnt have any problems and motor transmission is good

·
Registered
87 Posts
What were the top 5?
Starting with the worst and working up, here's CR's complete list:

1. Fiat 500L
  2. Ford Fiesta
  3. Cadillac Escalade
  4. Jeep Cherokee
  5. Corvette
  6. Chevrolet Suburban/GMC Yukon XL
  7. RAM 2500
  8. Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon
  9. Nissan Pathfinder
  10. Cadillac ATS
  11. Ford Focus
  12. Infiniti QX60
  13. Mercedes GL-class
  14. Dodge Challenger
  15. Chrysler 300
  16. Chevrolet Tahoe/GMC Yukon
  17. Acura TLX
  18. Hyundai Genesis Coupe
  19. Lincoln MKC
  20. Mercedes C-class

While it's not good to be on CR's bad list, MKC owners can take some solace knowing that it could have been worse.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Starting with the worst and working up, here's CR's complete list:

1. Fiat 500L
  2. Ford Fiesta
  3. Cadillac Escalade
  4. Jeep Cherokee
  5. Corvette
  6. Chevrolet Suburban/GMC Yukon XL
  7. RAM 2500
  8. Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon
  9. Nissan Pathfinder
  10. Cadillac ATS
  11. Ford Focus
  12. Infiniti QX60
  13. Mercedes GL-class
  14. Dodge Challenger
  15. Chrysler 300
  16. Chevrolet Tahoe/GMC Yukon
  17. Acura TLX
  18. Hyundai Genesis Coupe
  19. Lincoln MKC
  20. Mercedes C-class

While it's not good to be on CR's bad list, MKC owners can take some solace knowing that it could have been worse.
Did they report specific issues? we all know that SYNC 2 is not as expected. Anything besides that?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi
I have the 2015 MKC for 4 Months and 3 Thousand Miles and I Have Rattels and and Noises Coming from Dash and Back Area of the MKC.
Very Poor a Quality and Build.
Next time back to Cadillac.
Peter

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did they report specific issues? we all know that SYNC 2 is not as expected. Anything besides that?
All 20 cars are listed in the magazine's 1-page article with only brief descriptions of the top 3 problem areas. For the MKC, CR lists "in-car electronics, drive system, power equipment" as the major conditions.

·
Registered
40 Posts
We have a 2016 & have been impressed with the quality, so hopefully Lincoln fixed most of the fit & finish issues, etc.
The only glitch has been a sticky actuator on the passenger side mirror.
Now it looks like the MKX is being criticized for the same kinds of "sloppy" fit issues & rattles. I guess it just supports the idea that it is risky to buy a new model in the first year.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Not sure if it's that or overall QC really especially when we talk about fit issues and rattles. My 2015 had a few quality issues. I just think of what they want us to pay for these cars and I do not think price matches the quality right now. Someone buying a 50K Mercedes would not expect or tolerate these quality issues. For a first year with a lot of new tech I honestly expected some flubs(knowing tech as well as I do) but it's the other stuff they could easily get right that they don't seem to be doing either.

The 2016s seem to be improved in some areas as expected. I think time will tell. My concerns would be if there were no improvements in the major complaints on the 2015 like the antenna and for me the heated seats. I had mine "fixed" but I have to say they are still terrible. This is in comparison to my husbands Ford Escape titanium and my Cadillac SRX. It takes 10 minutes for them to get "warm" and by then my trip is over LOL. seems the antenna is fixed and I believe rayovac reported that 2016 seats better than 2015. My 2015 has some harsh shifting. Been to the dealer they say there is no problem. Tried flashing it no change. Hopefully they have smoothed out that transmission for you with the 2016s.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree that for $50k we should get better fit & finish. But unlike Lexus, I'm not sure that Mercedes is any better. In fact, the C-class was at the bottom of the list of worst compact luxury CUV's along with the MKC (see the thread titled "consumer report"). You also have to wonder if some of these issues are consistent to all vehicles in a build run or are we still seeing the "built on Monday" problems?

I saw a recent article that listed the hourly cost of labor for auto workers in the various "industrialized" countries. Germany was over $62/hr while the US was about $36, Mexico $8, & China $4. So clearly wages don't have much to do with workmanship.

·
Registered
232 Posts
All 20 cars are listed in the magazine's 1-page article with only brief descriptions of the top 3 problem areas. For the MKC, CR lists "in-car electronics, drive system, power equipment" as the major conditions.
Thanks for following up LeeB, appreciated. Well, we know about SYNC2, I have not had any issues besides the SYNC2 system(clunky,slow at times, and lack of recognition on some basic voice commands), but I knew about it going in, while not perfect it certainly was not a deal breaker for me. I am quite pleased with my vehicle after 6 months.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I love mine but I am not surprised but disappointed to see the MKC on the list. I had mine in the shop several times.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi
I have the 2015 MKC for 4 Months and 3 Thousand Miles and I Have Rattels and and Noises Coming from Dash and Back Area of the MKC.
Very Poor a Quality and Build.
Next time back to Cadillac.
Peter
I thought I was the only person with that noise coming from the back area. Its sounds like the plastics in the back is bending out of shape. I'm tired of going to the clueless service department. I'm only a year in on this lease and i'm ready to take the hit and get something new. XC-90 here i come

·
Registered
42 Posts
Driver side seat belt where it attaches just behind the door rattles. Anyone else have this problem? Want to take it in, but really don't want them messing with anything involving safety.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hi
My Dash Rattels and also Noise Coming from back seat area.
Only 2500 miles on my MKC.
Pete
When it gets colder out the interior trim can get noisy. On my Jeep I try to fix squeeks and rattles in the winter that magically go away when it gets warmer. Also the dealer advised me that on the MKC sometimes moisture in the sunroof can freeze causing rattles coming from the rear and/or roof area.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Well, by and large the tranny shifts butter smooth on my '16. This is the first year going into a winter with this new ride,so I'm not sure about squeaks, although I did notice some abnormal noise coming from rear passenger side while driving....did not want to get distracted so I did not try and see where it was emitting from...BUT there was nothing inside the MKC either so whatever it is, is within it,I'll keep my ears open!

Tomorrow Im heading to the dealer so they can test my seats....and while there get them to REBALANCE new wheels/tires....a lot of places do not use 1/4 oz weights, they generally stop at 1/2 oz which can easily throw off rational balance right off...

I wish they had static balancing where the whole assembly get balanced for ALL moving rotating mass; tire, rim, disk brake and tire stem....you get a whole lot more precise balancing with static balancing but tends to be a lil more involved and pricier!

I had my summer wheels done this way on the Mustang and no matter what speed I'm at, not a single tiny vibration is felt....think it was $25.00 a wheel.
Dealer said they will rebalance the wheels tomorrow!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I wish they had static balancing where the whole assembly get balanced for ALL moving rotating mass; tire, rim, disk brake and tire stem....you get a whole lot more precise balancing with static balancing but tends to be a lil more involved and pricier!!
Look into having them "Road Force Balanced" on the Hunter 9600. :wink

1 - 20 of 34 Posts