Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Lincoln MKC
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded HW for Sync 3, would like to use my original OEM shark fin Antenna. I have read that there are Fakra converter cable/splitter that allow GPS, Satellite radio and FM to work. Does anyone know which part this is? Not sure what part to order.

·
Super Moderator
390 Posts
I am confused on what you are doing? Everything should plug and play except gps... Correct?

·
Registered
2015 Lincoln MKC
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I am confused on what you are doing? Everything should plug and play except gps... Correct?
I was trying to use my original shark fin antenna instead of the under dash mounted one. Cant find any docs on the connection diagram. It may be alot more work and cost especially if I need to buy a splitter for the antenna. I read on Forscan forum that some of these are dual antennas - mine may not be.

·
Super Moderator
390 Posts
Oh I see what you’re saying no everything in your shark fin is related to SiriusXM and FM. Your GPS module is underneath your dash. You’re better off just to buy a aftermarket GPS antenna with a farka adapter on it, sync 2 systems use an actual module that communicates GPS location through can line and sync three uses your standard GPS antenna through coax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Lincoln MKC
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I see what you’re saying no everything in your shark fin is related to SiriusXM and FM. Your GPS module is underneath your dash. You’re better off just to buy a aftermarket GPS antenna with a farka adapter on it, sync 2 systems use an actual module that communicates GPS location through can line and sync three uses your standard GPS antenna through coax

I thought about using the shark antenna because of the navigation fault error that pops up sometimes. I had the antenna mounted under the center dash speaker. It was touching the metal. I moved it yesterday under the dash, noticed that there is a kink in the wire. Perhaps this is causing the error? Checked DTC error with Forscan:

Code: B119F - GPS Antenna

Additional Fault Symptom:
- Circuit Open

• DTC Present at Time of Request
  • Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Accessory Protocol Interface Module

·
Super Moderator
390 Posts
That should be an easy problem to fix, it’s either that it was not plugged into the right plug which I highly doubt that’s the cause or the wiring is bad in your antenna/ bad antenna

·
Super Moderator
390 Posts
I’ll bet that’s why you’re getting that navigation fault as well

·
Registered
2015 Lincoln MKC
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That should be an easy problem to fix, it’s either that it was not plugged into the right plug which I highly doubt that’s the cause or the wiring is bad in your antenna/ bad antenna

I noticed the crimped antenna cable yesterday when I was relocating it. I have a new antenna arriving tomorrow. Ordered Xtenzi Active GPS antenna from Amazon

·
Registered
2015 Lincoln MKC
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’ll bet that’s why you’re getting that navigation fault as well

I sure hope so! Error is random and only happens at start up. Click close and navigation works just fine. Used it twice today.

·
Registered
2015 Lincoln MKC
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Does the Lincoln GPS module under the dash have a connector? Can I use a male to female fakra adapter to use existing under dash GPS Module?

·
Super Moderator
390 Posts
No it is a standard plugin like the wiring to the radio. I have one around here somewhere if I find it I will show you. But it communicates gps location through CAN communication not ... (I think they call coax) serial communication but I am not sure about that

·
Registered
2015 Lincoln MKC
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Replacing antenna now. Is this a good satellite signal??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts