Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just properly tried them out today on my 2015 I just bought and noticed a couple things... Mainly, there seems to be little difference regardless whether it's on full (3lights) or minimum (1light) is this normal? Also, nothing at all on the back, just the seat area. Is this right?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just properly tried them out today on my 2015 I just bought and noticed a couple things... Mainly, there seems to be little difference regardless whether it's on full (3lights) or minimum (1light) is this normal? Also, nothing at all on the back, just the seat area. Is this right?
Yes, I feel the same. The lights do not offer much variance between 1 or 3 lights. Also, you should have air to at least mid-back on your seat. And, as a point of information, the seats work in conjunction with the ambient air in the cabin, cooler cabin, cooler seats.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I feel the same. The lights do not offer much variance between 1 or 3 lights. Also, you should have air to at least mid-back on your seat. And, as a point of information, the seats work in conjunction with the ambient air in the cabin, cooler cabin, cooler seats.
Interesting. Definitely had zero coolness anywhere on my back. Taking it in to the dealer on Thursday, will add this to the list. Already getting them to look at the TSB for heated seats taking way too long to heat. Are these related? If they replace the heated seat parts does that also replace the cooling or are they separate parts?

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have a 2016 and have cooling on the seat bottom and back.. When they are on I can hear the fan with my left ear.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I can feel the cool on the back of the seat. I do notice a difference between the 3 levels of cool selection.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Same here that I do notice the different levels -- When it is on 3 the fans are a lot more noticeable than 2 or 1. Although it still takes a while to cool down :/

·
Registered
733 Posts
What's interesting is the MKC cooled seats are blowers any my Cadillac CTS was a "sucker". You could literally put a piece of paper on the seat back and it would stick if the cooled seats were on. Maybe tale a very light piece of tissue and see if it blows away from the seat back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What's interesting is the MKC cooled seats are blowers any my Cadillac CTS was a "sucker". You could literally put a piece of paper on the seat back and it would stick if the cooled seats were on. Maybe tale a very light piece of tissue and see if it blows away from the seat back.
Yep, don't try and fart when it's on. Blows it right into your face.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts