Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you special order MKC, can you negotiate the cost, or are you stuck paying the MSRP? And how do you handle a trade-in value?

·
Registered
188 Posts
When you special order MKC, can you negotiate the cost, or are you stuck paying the MSRP? And how do you handle a trade-in value?
You can negotiate just like you would if it were sitting on the lot. Many times the dealer won't be as flexible to $$$ since its not stock sitting on the floor that they are paying on.

Trade-in... I am not sure about... we have done it in the past, seems like we negotiated a trade value that could change by the time the new vehicle arrives. Obviously an accident, excessive extra miles since appraisal etc. will change things.

Rayo

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ditto RayoVac. I ordered my MKC and negotiated a price. I had researched and built the car that I wanted on-line, and knew the exact MSRP and invoice price. I used invoice less all current Lincoln discounts as my opening bid, plus I wanted a different set of wheels from a MKC on the lot to get the deal done. After some to and fro, got this accomplished.

Ordered it 10/14/14 and took delivery 11/25/14. Highly pleased with the vehicle, and getting it exactly the way that I wanted it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I also special ordered. Drive control on a 2.0L coupled with factory tow package was not a combo dealers put on the lots.
Discounting the ordered vehicle can be just as aggressive as the lot lurkers- a dealer can basically get your payment before he needs to pay Lincoln-nice cash flow, no floor plan expense.
But trade in values are horrible, you are much better trying to work a private sale.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I used invoice less all current Lincoln discounts as my opening bid, plus I wanted a different set of wheels from a MKC on the lot to get the deal done. After some to and fro, got this accomplished.
So, did you end up getting it for your opening bid?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, I got the vehicle for my original offer, which was invoice, less a mfg rebate of $1000.

The MSRP on my MKC was $44,420. Invoice was $41,768. Before taxes, my net cost was $40,768. This is for a 2.0 AWD Reserve with the enhanced audio system. Could I have gotten them lower at the time...maybe so, not sure. I'm guessing that it may be more of a buyers market right now versus last Fall, when I made my purchase.

One thing I didn't do was to trade the car that the MKC replaced to the Ford / Lincoln dealer. Tested them for a price, with their offer being 25% lower than I ultimately sold my other car for.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yes, I got the vehicle for my original offer, which was invoice, less a mfg rebate of $1000.

The MSRP on my MKC was $44,420. Invoice was $41,768. Before taxes, my net cost was $40,768. This is for a 2.0 AWD Reserve with the enhanced audio system. Could I have gotten them lower at the time...maybe so, not sure. I'm guessing that it may be more of a buyers market right now versus last Fall, when I made my purchase.

One thing I didn't do was to trade the car that the MKC replaced to the Ford / Lincoln dealer. Tested them for a price, with their offer being 25% lower than I ultimately sold my other car for.
Selling your old car privately is always a good option.
Car dealers have to make a good profit so they try to low ball people as much as possible, good for those that just want to get rid of it with little effort.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The MSRP on my MKC was $44,420. Invoice was $41,768. Before taxes, my net cost was $40,768. This is for a 2.0 AWD Reserve with the enhanced audio system.
Thanks for sharing RobJeff. (I'm struggling with this process now, but I easily go into overload mode as I usually buy used vehicles.)

The vehicle we are interested in is similar to yours: 2.3 AWD Reserve w/climate package. The way I read the window sticker there are two MSRP's. If I qualify for the 'Northeast AWD Discount' of $745 the MSRP would be $44,490. If I don't qualify the window price would be $45,235.

If I use my "X" plan I'm supposed to get a price of $100 over invoice. Salesman showed me an invoice price of (IIRC) $42,414. So my net price would be $42,314 less the $1000 incentive or $41,314 net.

So using the $44,490 (MSRP) - $41,314 (net) = $3,176 off the MSRP or 7% off MSRP. I'd like to see another 1 or 2 % this late in the MY season.
How are you guys seeing 13% off MSRP ? :confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use cars.com to calculate invoice and MSRP for a car that I "build" on their site. I have done this for the past 3 cars that I have ordered new in the past 2 years and have come out to match the window sticker MSRP and the invoice price shown in the dealer system to the dollar. I did this for the MKC, and also for a 2014 Cadillac CTS V-Sport and a 2014 Mazda Miata MX5, all of which I ordered. For all 3 cars, I used invoice as my ceiling, and showed the salesperson my math.

Using this site for the MKC that you spec out comes very close to the figures quoted in pdqford post. Assuming no premium color, I come out at MSRP at $45,320 and invoice at $42,568.

If there are any rebates or discounts being offered by Lincoln, you'd want to claim those. I don't know the current market well enough to say how much better you could do than invoice. Answer is probably regional / local to some extent.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here's the breakdown for our deal made in late March.

MSRP $46555
X plan price $44264
Price after Conquest, Private Customer Cash, and Loyalty Incentives $41264
Price after licence, title, and others fees $41612

Final price was 10.6% below MSRP when all costs are considered. There is no sales tax in Oregon. There was no trade-in.

We're pleased with the deal.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Price after Conquest, Private Customer Cash, and Loyalty Incentives $41264
Price after licence, title, and others fees $41612

Nice!

But how did you swing the Conquest AND the Loyalty Incentives?
I thought they were mutually exclusive?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Like the Private Customer Cash offer that was available on the Ford Owner web site, there was another Loyalty reward that was made to Ford owners. Both of these offers did not appear on the Lincoln commercial site under the listing of incentives. I've since received hard copies of these offers in the mail. They were for $750 each and they could be used on the purchase of a Ford or Lincoln product.

Before purchasing our Ford truck several years ago we learned about the Private Customer cash offer. At the time, all you had to do was to request a brochure from Ford about a product and it came with a Private Cash offer of $750. Now they just mail these about once a year to us and we see them among the vehicle service coupons at the Ford Owner web site. Now that we own a Lincoln, we've registered for the Lincoln Owner site and the service history for both of our vehicles appears on either site.

Reactions: pdqford
1 - 13 of 13 Posts