Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my second mkc. 2019 Opened the sunroof and it’s cracked all the way across! Any idea how this could happen? And if could be covered under warranty The crack squiggles all the way across No ridges and no leaks YET! I know nothing that could have fell in it

·
Registered
40 Posts
That is hard to believe it could happen. I also have a 2019 - both sunroof panels are made of laminated safety glass like the windshield and front door glass. So it will not shatter like tempered glass, it will hold together. Lincoln is probably one of the few automakers to use laminated glass due to the higher cost. Most use tempered which shatters to a million bits.
Good luck sorting it out ! Keep us posted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is hard to believe it could happen. I also have a 2019 - both sunroof panels are made of laminated safety glass like the windshield and front door glass. So it will not shatter like tempered glass, it will hold together. Lincoln is probably one of the few automakers to use laminated glass due to the higher cost. Most use tempered which shatters to a million bits.
Good luck sorting it out ! Keep us posted.
So if I do not get it repaired it will just stay cracked. I’m afraid if they change it then it will leak at some point

·
Registered
40 Posts
Personally, I expect it's warranteed and if you've got a good dealership I would certainly have it repaired.
If it was your windshield you would have to have that replaced for sure.

·
Super Moderator
338 Posts
So if I do not get it repaired it will just stay cracked. I’m afraid if they change it then it will leak at some point
No the moonroofs in the MKC are not glued in, you will not have to worry about it leaking if it's done right. There is a drip track all the way around the moon roof assembly. The only thing bad is you pretty much need the entire interior out to get the moonroof out to replace the glass but the glass bolts in. Both the front and the back part of the moon roof bolt in.

Reactions: Brannigan

·
Registered
191 Posts
should be covered under warranty. unless they can show you an impact point that caused the crack. also I would google to find other owners having theirs being cracked so you can argue this is not an uncommon thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts