Lincoln MKC Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thx countryguy. Hope that works for you long-term. I tried that awhile back, but noise is still there.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey Countryguy,
The only rattle/noise I've had to contend with in 20 months of ownership is that very issue you described, the rear passenger seat belt sagging toward the door and rattling against the side panel. It was easy to identify and easy to deal with. Obviously it was something the designers didn't anticipate when they are going for "looks", not function.

·
Registered
647 Posts
It is weird that the seat belt only rattles on one side and not the other however.

Reactions: Chuck

·
Registered
10 Posts
The dealer for my issue ended up replacing the seat frame for one of the rattle/vibration issues I had. That did resolve that problem but I too still have the rattle/ creek in the rear right side passenger seat area. Any other resolution out there? I will definitely bring up the retainer comment from Candy (thx) as I also had them fix the Sirius antenna. Another issue came up the other day. At 70 mph or so I hear a vibration of some sort coming from the front windshield area. All very frustrating for a vehicle that I generally think is great not for these issues.

·
Banned
209 Posts
So tonight I pick up our car from the dealer after the windshield replacement (wow what a difference, I never realized how all those tiny bubbles when hit with direct sunlight makes sun glare 1000x worse- the millions of tiny bubbles were glistening on top of the sun)
Anyway my wife always has the radio on when we are in the car or we are talking so I hop in after the dealer and they had shut off the whole radio and it was dead quiet. Start driving down the road and there it is... This little squeak or creek. Mine is not a rattle. It's definitely higher pitched than a rattle. So I go crazy the whole hour ride home now trying to figure out what it is LOL. It was coming from passenger rear! So pulling up the driveway I call the wife and say come out, you gotta drive me around while I'm in the back. She drove me around the neighborhood and when I got in back passenger the sound sounded like it was coming more from hatch than door area. I had her stop (neighbors must have been wondering) and crawled in the hatch. To get in I had to remove that cover thing. Well I don't know if the squeak was from that or it was something near the door that when I opened and closed to get out to go in the hatch, it "un creeked" itself. I know others here have talked about this sound for awhile. Could it be as simple as that cover thing making the noise? I "think" that's what fixed it for me. I have it lying in the hatch now and not a sound on a few drives. It's my wife's car and I don't drive it all the time so I'll see if it's back tomorrow after she drives it some more. We usually don't hear the sound anyway because of the music. I know it's really basic thing to try but for those hearing it still, don't want to insult anyone, but have you ever tried removing that cover (assuming you have it) to see if it goes away?

·
Registered
881 Posts
One of the tech guys at my dealership was telling me they had a few "creak" complaints in the back of the MKC's.....he pointed to the styra foam compartment under the flooring hatch cover,he said it usually is the cause of these complaints....interesting!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Just throwing this out there: I usually engage the seat belts to their respective locks,especially the ones in the rear....just engage them as if someone is sitting back there...if I have passengers, I usually ask them before they leave to "please" engage the latch to buckle and secure the two halves together....if they are not engaged, the upper portion of the belt swings around into the side plastic panel next to it, sounding like something is loose back there....another pet peeve I have is rear passengers leave the head rest in the "up" position, again, I ask them to lower it back down before they leave...I usually tell them it improves the visibility when down hehehe.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a creak/rattle in the drivers seatbelt unit where it attaches to the side pillar. Drives me nuts, but I don't really want the dealer ripping it apart either.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Took the cargo cover out tonight and it did sound like the squeaking/creaking noise was gone. I guess then that must be the culprit in mine.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have a creak/rattle in the drivers seatbelt unit where it attaches to the side pillar. Drives me nuts, but I don't really want the dealer ripping it apart either.
If it's trim pieces rubbing together try a little silicone spray and see if it goes away. I have also repaired creaks with a small piece of felt inserted in the area in a way that it's not seen.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I'm the original poster and I thought I'd mention, The cause of my creak in the Lincoln was the spare tire, it wasn't secured properly. Screwed it down and laid down some foam tape for extra insurance, the car is now rock solid again at 34k miles. I'm actually really impressed with how few rattles or creaks this car has with this kind of mileage.

·
Registered
733 Posts
The dealer for my issue ended up replacing the seat frame for one of the rattle/vibration issues I had. That did resolve that problem but I too still have the rattle/ creek in the rear right side passenger seat area. Any other resolution out there? I will definitely bring up the retainer comment from Candy (thx) as I also had them fix the Sirius antenna. Another issue came up the other day. At 70 mph or so I hear a vibration of some sort coming from the front windshield area. All very frustrating for a vehicle that I generally think is great not for these issues.

Maybe check this out:

Squeaking/Creaking Noise Left Rear ? Low Speed Turns, Over Bumps And Turns Into Driveways With Inclines ? 2015-2017 Lincoln MKC | ford

·
Registered
733 Posts
Every time I drive over a bump that flexes the body slightly at low speeds, I hear a loud plasticky creak in the rear cargo area. I've tried removing the cargo shade, tried folding down the seats, re-arranging the seatbelts and even tried driving with the rear hatch open just in case it was the hatch flexing while shut. I've even taken the entire spare tire assembly out. Nothing has worked. I'm thinking it's an issue with the sunroof flexing or some sort of trim panel in the back. Anyone have the same issue and know of a way to remedy it at home?

See below:

Squeaking/Creaking Noise Left Rear ? Low Speed Turns, Over Bumps And Turns Into Driveways With Inclines ? 2015-2017 Lincoln MKC | ford

Reactions: 2015 MSM

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this issue with a 2016. The fix is a Ford Engineering repair called the Rear Header Creak Repair. It is a part that is sandwiched between the roof panel and a lower support.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this issue with a 2016. The fix is a Ford Engineering repair called the Rear Header Creak Repair. It is a part that is sandwiched between the roof panel and a lower support.
I have been searching high and low for information on a creaking from the back in my 2017 MKC -- do you have any more information on this repair you could share? I have an appointment with the dealer in a few weeks and I'm hoping to provide them with as much info as I can. I've tried all the fixes in the thread above to no avail so I'm wondering if this might be the solution for me as well. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had this issue (creaking) on one of my 2019 MKCs. Dealer service dept tried to fix it in 2019 and couldn't, so they made an appointment with their body shop. Left the car with them for a few days. Apparently remove much of the rear interior and fixed the creak, probably 95%. Occasional creak since then, but no longer a really noticeable issue.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts