Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, I've read things saying a crossover is a vehicle with a body and frame that are one piece. (Uni-body, methinks it is referred to.)
Whereas with an SUV, the frame and body are separate components.
The more I read, the more confused I get.

Specific, to my 2017 MKC ...
Is it a crossover or an SUV ?
The title lists it as a truck.
But the dealership was able to transfer the license plates from my 2010 Buick lacrosse [trade in vehicle] to the newly purchased MKC.)

When people ask me what it is, which would be the correct reply, "crossover" or "SUV" ?

Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
Lately, I've read things saying a crossover is a vehicle with a body and frame that are one piece. (Uni-body, methinks it is referred to.)

But the dealership was able to transfer the license plates from my 2010 Buick lacrosse [trade in vehicle] to the newly purchased MKC.)

When people ask me what it is, which would be the correct reply, "crossover" or "SUV" ?

Thanks
It is definitely a "crossover."

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
It is definitely a "crossover."

Thanks
Lincoln currently refers to it as a Luxury Crossover SUV on its marketing. It seems like in the beginning (I have a 2015), Lincoln referred to it as a CUV (Compact Utility vehicle) as did a couple of the car magazines. I have always used the CUV term if people asked what type of vehicle it was. Especially if they were going to be in the back seat - which is definitely compact! :smile:smile:smile

·
Registered
733 Posts
SUVs are generally truck based - Body on frame.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Actually it is a lifted car, station wagon, all the of them are , except for the body on frame SUV's.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Good point - Take the Ford Explorer it was body on frame now its based off the Taurus (FWD) - The 2020 goes back to RWD architecture

1 - 7 of 7 Posts