Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would really like to get the rubber inner out to give it a good wash. Wiping since 2014-only gets 80% of the mung.
I have tried loosening it just from lifting from the friction I can get from the rubber, no dice.
Too chicken to try prying with tools without a little more knowledge.

Anybody out there found the trick?:confused:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the assy link.
Sure it may not be molded in but pulling the entire console to get it does not make much sense.
Back to swabbing away.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I know it comes out, I have taken mine out, I was able to force it to bend and pulled it out...you need to wash with water as they are sticky and wiping does not do the best job.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay.
So does the rubber inner come out alone or with the plasticky chrome ring at the top with it?
Did you grab one of the rubber inner cup 'lugs' and pull it to get started, like pulling it inside out first?

·
Registered
232 Posts
rubber only comes out...I forced the outside edge in on itself, making it bulge ans finagled it out...not easy, but not impossible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought my MKC and the groove in the cup holder is filled with junk. I could use a small brush or pick to get it out but I’d prefer to take the cup holder out entirely to clean. Does the assembly snap out somehow? My other vehicles have cup holders that you can pull on to unsnap them...then I scrub them in the sink.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts