Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Lincoln MKC 2016, is kind of shaky when it starts but once I give it gas it’s fine. The coolant is low after a few days of filling it. The computer analyzer says there is a misfire on cylinder #4

had the same code 2 weeks ago but I could definitely tell it was missing when I was driving. We changed the spark plugs and saw spark plug for had some oil on it. There was a hose unhooked in the back of the engine we reconnected it. Now the car is not missing while it is driving but it is very shaky when I start it.

·
Administrator
522 Posts
Do you know where you’re missing the coolant from, have you checked your oil to make sure that it’s not frothy

By the way I don’t know if any common problems with the motor except for carbon buildup around the valves, not saying I know it all but I’ve definitely never heard of any common problems with the motor

·
Administrator
522 Posts
So if it were me and my first thought on a misfire is always to swap plugs and swap coils. If you can swap a coil between one and four and you begin misfiring on one you know the problem. Misfires are definitely common when you get oil buildup around the intake valves, 100,000 miles is about the time when you start noticing that. But if it were my car I’d want to figure out that coolant issue first just to make sure that these aren’t one in the same issues. If you are handy where I would start is with a coolant pressure test, clear out where your coolant issue is, some of the serious things could be a head gasket, or water pump, but without frothy oil should not be a water pump unless you’re leaking coolant on the ground as well

I hope that helps steer you unfortunately with misfires there’s a lot of diagnosis as well as coolant leaks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts